Help buying new case...

G

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a new case, I have looked at the Rosewill Destroyer, loads of fans, and a good price, also the CM 690II is at a good price at Ebay, I currently have a Antec Performance Plus 1080, but the cooling and air flow isnt that good, my Athlon II x4 is only at 3.2 GHz and full load is at 60c.
So I want the best cooling case for under ~$60 not including shipping.

Thanks!

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
Under 60? i can't think of one with good cooling for under 60 bucks. I have a Lian-li 7FNW with 3 140mm fans intaking and 1 120mm exhaust. But it ran me $140 for the case and $60 for the Lian-li top fan cover. Plus i think using a alluminum case makes it things cooler inside.

But for 60bucks im not sure but for 40 more bucks you can get the Lancool pc-k62.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
The HAF 912 is good sized. 9.10" wide, so will hold a big CPU cooler. It's also $59.99 with free shipping at Newegg. The CM Scout, which I have, is on sale for $79.99 with promo code plus free shipping. Both of these cases have good air flow and spots for additional fans.

Hey man buy whatever you like cases are a personal choice.
I haven't seen a terrible case mentioned yet in this thread.
Just make sure the case you choose is bottom mount psu,has good cooling option/airflow,and is wide enough to accommodate a 160mm tall cpu cooler.
For your price range Antec and CM offer the best quality.