Sign in with
Your question

Help Please HD 4770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 20, 2010 10:24:10 PM

My Hd 4770 will no longer play games ie Oblivion/ Dragon Age at high quality. I noticed this after an update though this might not have been the catalyst as i have not played them I quite a few months. The games recommend running at a low setting and I know they used to run at high. I have tried rolling back/uninstalling/reinstalling drivers but to no avail. How do I fix this or at least trouble shoot?
Many Thanks,
Bailey

More about : 4770

September 20, 2010 10:28:44 PM

I've never seen a driver prevent modifying graphic settings before. So its impossible to go into the game and change the settings from there? Some games I play sometimes recommend settings for my card but I'm still able to change it in game.
September 20, 2010 10:38:39 PM

The game does not prevent me from changing the settings but when i do there is no visual change to the quality. I have tried changing the settings in ccc as well but no joy. Cheers for the quick reply as well.
Related resources
September 20, 2010 10:39:46 PM

Last time I installed ATI drivers I had to go into the CCC and reset all my settings. Something in the install set everything to max settings and over rode my in-game settings. Go in and select "let application decide" .
September 20, 2010 10:48:31 PM

swiftly_morgan, Thanks for that, all my setting had been changed after the last driver reinstall. I ticked the boxs "let application decide" and the game is crystal clear again. Time I think for some late night gaming!!! Cheers!
!