Need a new video card, interesting story

Howdies,
I had a 4870x512 that got damaged, it was a visiontek with a lifetime warranty, turns out they wouldn't honor it, saying I neglected the card, which I kinda did, the cat peed on it, the rest of the computer is fine and runs good, it's a 9950BE, MSI K9A2 Platinum V1, 4Gb ram, several hard drives, I run Win 7 Ult and XP Pro both X64 on a dual boot, 650 Watt PSU OCZ (I think, I don't recall if that's the PSU I have in mine, I know I have a 650). Anyhow, here's the interesting part, I was running my card underclocked, I bought a 1080P tv for my computer monitor a few years ago, and 1080P looks like crap on it, but 1280x1024 looks pretty awesome, all the letters are sharp, after reading a lot of posts about my tv, it turns out it's just not going to look good on a computer at 1080P. The TV is a 42in Polaroid LCD, and I got a really good deal on it at the time, of course now they're almost worthless, and it looks good as a Tv even on 1080P cable channels (which look great), it's not the best, but it works. Anyhow, I've got about 90$ to spend, and need a recommendation for a video card that'll play 1280x1024 with no stuttering, I know I can buy a used 4870 for about 100$, but I want new, I shop NewEgg, and I kinda feel at such a low resolution, the 4870 is kinda overkill... Any help would be appreciated. The lower the price the better of course, but around 90 - 100 would be right in the ball park.