CPU: i7-2600k
Motherboard: Sabbertooth p67
RAM: 8gb-2 x 4gb corsair vengeance DDR3 1600mhz

GFX: Asus HD6950 1GB
Power Supply: corsair TX750
HDD: Single 1TB western digital 7200.12
Optical: LG 22x
Case: silverstoner raven 3

When I try and boot, the Power LED goes on and the green LED at the bottom of the board goes on and stays on. Then the CPU red LED flashes and then the MemOK LED stays on.

Ive tried the MemOK procedure by holding in the button and letting it scan for appropriate memory settings. each time it reboots the CPU LED flashes and then goes back to the MemOK LED flashing faster. After all this it goes back to staying on.

This is supposed to mean that I have installed my memory incorrectly according to the manual.

What I've tried:
-Using each of the Patriot DIMMs individually in the first slot and using both in the 1st and 3rd slots together.

Otherwise I don't know what to try. There is a memory Voltage jumper on the board, should I do something with this.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

More about : memok booting problem

a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
October 9, 2011 7:29:14 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forum! :) 

NO, don't use the Voltage Jumper!

Can you boot with (1) stick in the 2nd DIMM slot (A2)?
DIMM Slots 2x4GB:
CPU: | blank | 4GB | blank | 4GB |
one stick/Testing:
CPU: | blank | 4GB | blank | blank |

Q - What HSF?
Q - Is all power connected? 8-pin CPU, 24-Main, 2 x 6 Pin GPU?

Try Clear CMOS, use the Jumper method; see -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

If you're using the Stock HSF then unscrew ALL of the MOBO & PCIe screws, dangle the MOBO supported by a towel and away from anything conductive - try to boot.

If you're not using a Stock HSF then make sure there's NO METAL to MOBO direct contact regardless of the HSF manual; I always use a thin plastic washer to eliminate shorts:
Screw -> | Metal Backplate | Plastic Washer | [MOBO] | Plastic Washer | etc...
October 9, 2011 9:39:59 PM

Hi there thanks for the reply

iv ran my system with the memory in differents DIMM slots dual and single a bunch of times but still no luck

also cleared the CMOS and done the above

All power cables connected 24 pin, 8 pin and the 8 pin + 6 pin for the GPU

HSF, heatsink rite ? iv used plastic washers so the screw/metal is not in direct contact with the MOBO

think it could be some faulty components maybe!?

would be nice to get into the bios but wont boot and no picture on my monitor at all.

cheers
Related resources
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
October 10, 2011 1:47:40 PM

In addition:
If you're using the Stock HSF then unscrew ALL of the MOBO & PCIe screws, dangle the MOBO supported by a towel and away from anything conductive - try to boot.

Also:
Pull all of the USB/Front Panel connections.

Last Ditch:
Pull the CPU and look for bent CPU pins.

Failure:
80% - MOBO = bad ; 20% - CPU = bad

Good Luck!
October 10, 2011 2:14:38 PM

hi might sound stupid but what do you mean by dangle the MOBO supported by a towel :D  cheers!
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
October 10, 2011 3:40:13 PM

I mean unscrew it from the case and pull it away; seems self explanatory. This is to rule-out any shorting or grounding shorts.
October 11, 2011 12:21:45 AM

hi yep done that still the same outcome i took the heat sink off and check the cpu it seems fine no bent pins or anything! im guessing the MOBO is the problem!?
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
October 11, 2011 12:47:30 AM

Assuming the USB and Front Panels were pulled...then:
Failure:
80% - MOBO = bad ; 20% - CPU = bad
October 11, 2011 5:37:50 PM

cheers for the help gonna RMA the MOBO and see what happens this is my first time building a pc so abit of a learning curve! :p 
May 8, 2012 5:57:32 PM

Hi williesmith,

I'm having the same problem, my sabertooth p67 won't post, memOK button continues to flash red and the computer keeps resetting itself. were you ever able to resolve your issue? if so, how?
!