Asrock z68 extreme7 gen3

Qwert7465

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
I just ordered this motherboard for my new build and from what I've been reading on newegg and other sites is there's alot of problems with it. Slow windows installation, slow bootup, one or two PCI express slots not working, the UEFI not working correctly, and the USB port for newer keyboards are not working. I understand that it is a new motherboard and there is some problems that might be fixed in updated BIOS, but some people are RMAing 2 or 3 times to get a working board. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to go with another board or just wait it out on this one. It is a good board for the money and has alot of features, this is just my first build and want to make the smartest deision. I have not gotten the motherboard in the mail yet just to let peole know.

On ANY LGA 1155 - Update your BIOS, except 'skip' the first rendition of the BIOS supporting the 22nm CPUs.

I don't know, plenty of crazy people out there posting all sorts of 'stuff'. There's a difference between having a firm opinion and some agenda.

I don't know exactly what you're referring to "...wait a really long time to log in? Like 2-3 min."?

RE - "logs in to the desktop is 2-3 min" ; can be caused by an Application(s) refusing to shutdown and a 'forced quit' is being do my Windows. This is a User Issue not a MOBO issue. The test is to run MSCONFIG and select Diagnostic, reboot then Test. If the problem is corrected then -- App issue.

RE - "22nm CPUs" are the forthcoming Ivy Bridge CPU due out next year first quarter 2012. The current Sandy Bridge are 32nm. I have been seeing problems with the 1st BIOS releases support the Ivy Bridge, therefore either use the prior BIOS version or the BIOS release after the fist 22nm supported BIOS. More information, see - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge#Ivy_Bridge
960px-IntelProcessorRoadmap-3.svg.png

roscolo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010

RMAing 2 or 3 times tells me the person buying the board is the likely culprit. Hate to see a few idiots ruin so many mobos.

Maybe the time for you to make your decision was before you bought the board? Guess now you may as well make a go of it. Be sure to report back and let us know how the board works out for you.