Diagnostic advice please

Hi,
I'm getting Blue screen issues. mem test reports an error as doe the W7 memory diagnostic tool. I have run Si soft sandra as well and that is reporting an issue with not having permissions for Large memory pages. Could this be what the actual issue is ? mem test basically halts straight a way and the W7 diagnostic runs but reports the fault straight away.
Is there some other utility I could run that will at least pinpoint the issue to the actual Ram and not the motherboard ? As I understand it these tools are reporting the whole memory system ?
I'm not 100% sure that's right which is why im here.

I will be upgrading soonish but was planning to canabilise this rig for a basic net box for my brother. I don't really want to do the whole buy new Ram and swap it out as its DDR 2. So if i can find out fro sure that its knackered I can bin it and get a new board and some DDR3 for him. Obviously if its just a setting that's wrong then I can save a bit of cash.

Thanks for reading

Mactronix :)

Hi Maz :)

Its strange it will run for days then drop out to blue screen three times in an afternoon.
Cant swap out.

GA-MA790X-UD3P
Crucial balistix Ram DDR2 2GB x2
Samsung F1 500GB
Corsair 650 PSU
555 BE.

As its DDR2 I don't really want to buy new.
Might just wait the couple of days for the Bulldozer reviews then swap out to a AM3+ board with some DDR3
Would have thought we could get a program that said yes its the ram by now though.

Is that right about these ram testers testing the whole memory and sub systems and not just the Ram ?

Cheers

Mac :)

Well that's sorted that any way, Bulldozer is so disappointing i can now happily buy some more Ram for this board and call it a day. Should probably upgrade to a Quad though, just while the case is out and the side is off ;)

Mac :)