Sign in with
Your question

CPU or motherboard faulty?

Last response: in CPUs
February 6, 2011 4:17:57 PM

Hello,

I got a M4A785TD-M EVO, 4 gigs of ram Geforce GTX 460, and a AMD athlon 2 X4 630 Processor. My computer randomly freezes for a few seconds mouse can always move but nothing else will respond and i can't figure out why i'm thinking either cpu or motherboard is bad nothing overheats.

More about : cpu motherboard faulty

February 6, 2011 4:20:23 PM

What OS, what hard drive brand and size? Any crash or BSOD? What make and voltage of Ram? custom timings? Did you update all drivers to most current?
m
l
February 6, 2011 4:29:26 PM

Run Task Manager to see what is running when it freezes.
m
l
Related resources
February 6, 2011 4:32:10 PM

OS is windows 7 64 bit, Hard drive is WD model is : WDBAAZ0010HNC-NRSN, 1TB, No crashes on bootup first part it hangs for a minute before contuning no BSOD. Don't know voltage of ram make is Corsair - 2GB DDR3 Model: CMXG2GX3M1A1333C9 got 2 of those, i had some supertalent did same thing with those. all drivers updated. no custom timings on ram. i got a Crosair 850 PSU. Don't matter what i'm doing could be just browsing folders or playing game or surfing the internet it did it to me while i was trying to type this.
m
l
February 6, 2011 5:27:46 PM

Does the computer initially hang before or after the windows 7 loading screen appears? If before, it is 100% hardware compatibility issue, if during or after loading screen, it may be software or hardware.
m
l
February 6, 2011 6:09:49 PM

It hangs after loading screen appears, sometimes during loading of windows, and during bootup first part where you see bios info but only sometimes during that. looking at getting the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula - AM3 - AMD 890FX - DDR3 - Republic of Gamers - ATX Motherboard Cause ever since i got this board and processor i've had issues and place i bought it from i will never go back to cause i've heard bad stuff about em.
m
l
February 7, 2011 3:18:37 PM

Did you go into the BIOS and disable the onboard GPU? It sounds like a device/driver conflict.
m
l
February 7, 2011 11:52:56 PM

Yea onboard GPU i disabled. I've ran AV stuff found nothing, reinstalled windows and installed latest drivers. Tried video card in another computer it works just fine so know its not that. I ran with the onboard video card only and removed the video card it still did it and i made sure all the nvidia stuff was removed.
m
l
!