Sign in with
Your question

Need help finding combo for these parts

Last response: in Systems
November 12, 2010 5:32:06 PM

I have been looking for advice and lurking in the forums to what seem to be popular picks for budget pc and ive come up with this list

i need help if possible to combo these products together on newegg

overclock-crossfire-raid 0 are things that i will do in the near future when im comfortable enough to try them

heres my list My budget is $500

Phenom II X2 545 Callisto $75.99 (will unclock to X4 cores)

AsRock 870 Extreme $99.99

G.skill Ripjaws $64.99 or Corsair XMS3 $74.99

HIS Radeon 5770 (Junifer XT) $110

Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB $54.99

Asus Black DVD Burner 24x $18.99

Corsair 650TX $69.99

NZXT GAMMA $39.99

All prices are after MIR

total comming up to be $535 w/o tax and $584.49 w/ tax

i was hoping to combo these guys together to save money is it possible? and are there any compatible issues here?

also is 650w enough if i crossfire n overclock later?

thanks gKay09 for you help with my previews post

More about : finding combo parts

November 12, 2010 5:57:29 PM

i forgot to mention site of choice is Newegg and usage: gaming/minor word+excel for school

i forgot about the cpu fan but since i will overclock later i guess i have to buy an after market anyway insted of buying a cpu with stock fan

grr so it is by luck to have a stable cpu unlucked? if so then i will probobly go for an athlon x3 445 rana what do you think?

does a large cache make that big of a difference since Callisto 445 has larger cache is it better?

m
l
November 12, 2010 6:18:08 PM

Over a spread of current and incoming titles, X3 for fresh builds ^^

The Game Rundown: Finding CPU/GPU Bottlenecks, Part 2
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/game-performance-bo...
Quote:
Conclusion: A Trend Toward 3+ Cores

The average optimal number of CPU cores suggested by the test results is 2.75, showing a clear trend towards at least three CPU cores.The question of whether the CPU or GPU is most important is easily answered. If you don't have a multi-core CPU, then upgrade it. If you have a dual-core CPU at around 3 GHz, then invest your money into a graphics card, as most games are GPU-limited. This is not something that will change with new DirectX 11 games.

m
l
!