Do these HDD and Optical Drive fit in modern PC's

dontfeed

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
I am posting this again, since no one answered my last thread.

I have just built a new PC, and I booted it up "EFI Shell version 2.31" came up on my screen. I googled it and apparently you just needed to put a HDD in. I already had one in. I took it out and i got the same error. So my computer doesn't detect my HDD. The thing is my old computer which I used maybe 5 hours prior to building the new one worked just fine with the HDD. I have never built a PC and the SATA port looks weird to me. It has no rivets or pins, only a plastic hole. The SATA cable was also very loose on the HDD end but not the motherboard end. Please help me with this and thanks in advance.

If I can't get help with that, will the ASUS DVD±RW (DRW-24B5ST/BLK/B/AS) 24X SATA Bulk Black and the Western Digital Internal Harddisk Caviar Green 1TB (IntelliPower / 64MB Cache / SATA III / NCQ) WD10EZ fit in modern PC's?

Most of the time, you need to reformat the drive when you try to use it with another motherboard. With different brands and CPU chips, the chipset drivers that you first install are likely to be incompatible.

The drives will work with any modern PC. Physically, the case will need at least one standard 3 1/2" HD bay and the DVD drive will need one standard 5 1/4" bay.

Keep in mind that the WD Greens are not particularly speedy. That makes them relatively poor boot drives.

dontfeed

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

Wow I am really sorry, I copied the wrong drive. Is this one good? Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA III (7200 RPM / 64MB Cache). They are the same price, so which one would you recommend?