Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New AMD Build - Under 600$

Last response: in Systems
November 12, 2010 6:52:47 PM

Hey Guys,
I just wanted your input on my order before I commit to buying it. Two weeks ago I purchased a new Antec 900 case with the 650W PSU in it for 130$ CDN. I then ordered a new 1TB Samsung Spinpoint for 60$. I also have a free copy of Windows 7 at home so no need for the OS. With those purchased now I wanted to get the rest of my order completed and this is what I came up with.

With taxes, shipping and an additional 16$ from promo codes this comes up to 378$ CDN and that doesn't count the 20$ Mail-In Rebate I'll get from OCZ.

This is not a gaming machine. It will only be used for some moderate Photoshop, watching movies and browsing the net. I don't need a videocard as the onboarch card should do the trick. What are your thoughts? Should I pull the trigger?

Thanks for checking it out.

Derek

More about : amd build 600

November 12, 2010 7:03:23 PM

batuchka said:
Thats a good price for an Asus 880G but i'd hit a pair of Mushkins 1600/CL7 rather than OCZ for RAMs ^^
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

Any reason why?

The reason why I'm getting the OCZ RAM is because it combo's with the PCU and the Asus is only on sale if sold alone. The Mushkins don't have a combo and I want to save as much as I can on this but still get a decent system.
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2010 7:08:11 PM

Ya understandable - well at least it's not the Gold/Plat series so i'd say worth a shot ^^
m
l
November 12, 2010 7:13:27 PM

batuchka said:
Ya understandable - well at least it's not the Gold/Plat series so i'd say worth a shot ^^

That's what I wanted to hear. :D  Thanks for the quick responses. I think I'm going to go with it. It's the best packaged deal I came up with in the last week or so at that price.
m
l

Best solution

November 12, 2010 7:16:16 PM

Ya - most times that Asus 880G/ATX is overpriced so that a good deal ^^
November 12, 2010 7:16:53 PM

Best answer selected by Spezza_Fan.
m
l
November 13, 2010 1:38:03 AM

Yep happy shopping/building and cheers ^^
m