How do I change the DPI and what does it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Depends on your mouse. I currently use a combination of mice.
For my MMORPG games I use the Naga Viper by Razer

For my first person shooters I use the R.A.T 7 which has to be one of the most adjustable mice ever.

And I still use my old trusty G5 with the adjustable weight pieces.

Now as far as what the DPI does in a nutshell it makes your mouse movements either more or less sensitive.
(Makes your mouse cursor move quicker or slower)

Some mice have on the fly DPI adjustable. These mice usually have two buttons that allow you to raise or lower
the dpi while in game. So if your up close and personal with people...

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007

Depends on your mouse. I currently use a combination of mice.
For my MMORPG games I use the Naga Viper by Razer

For my first person shooters I use the R.A.T 7 which has to be one of the most adjustable mice ever.

And I still use my old trusty G5 with the adjustable weight pieces.

Now as far as what the DPI does in a nutshell it makes your mouse movements either more or less sensitive.
(Makes your mouse cursor move quicker or slower)

Some mice have on the fly DPI adjustable. These mice usually have two buttons that allow you to raise or lower
the dpi while in game. So if your up close and personal with people with a shotgun you want your DPI to be super high
so you can aim very quickly as the people try to dodge your fire.

But if you back sniping you don't want your DPI to be so high because you need precise pin point accuracy. If your cursor can move from one side of the screen to the other and you only move your mouse LITERALLY and inch it will be way to fast to snipe so you have to drop it down.

If your mouse does not have the on the fly adjustable feature then you either have to setup it up before the game, or pause the game and change it from the in game menus. Draw back to that is if your playing an online game there is no such thing is pause when your playing other people real time.

Now if your just using a regular plain jane mouse that came with a name brand pc then the only thing you can do is change it in your system default settings.

If your using windows you can change the default mouse speed from the control panel when you access the start menu.

If your using a mouse from a maker like Logitech, or Razer there mice come with software that allow you to adjust and tweak them way more than what windows will allow with default settings.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.