xerxces

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I am trying to figure out what to upgrade next. My current specs are AMD 955 BE, 4GB Tracer Ballistix, Sapphire 5750. Is crossfire worth it? Or should I get 2 more GB ram? What do you guys think? I could use a fan controller also and possible a new HD. I current score 7.2 or above on everything except my HD which is 5.3 on the windows score.

I like my ssd; if you get one, don't spend more than $120; they are improving just like everything else, some with sata 6.0. The rest of your system looks good. Crossfire may improve your frame rates by twenty percent, but also require a power supply upgrade and produce more heat; not worth it in my opinion.

xerxces

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2010
I already have a good enough power supply but heat could be a problem. If I were to get a ssd, I would put the os on it and games and store everything else on the hd?

Yeah. You can use the ssd only as a boot drive; Amazon has a kingston 128 gb ssd for around $135 after $75 rebate right now. It has average speed, but no sata 6 support. The corsair models have this at newegg, but cost more and have slower write speed.