Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HDMI port on board

Last response: in Motherboards
October 10, 2011 1:57:24 PM

hi
i have of questions
1)how good is on board display card on p8z68 v pro. can i play MW3 or cOD 4 on decent settings(not too high with no lag)
I use sony tv as my dispay with HDMI cable. does this onboard dispaly card capable of Playing game s with HDMI. i m using i2500k CPU.

thanks

More about : hdmi port board

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 218 V Motherboard
October 10, 2011 6:42:29 PM

What display resolution?

Single player or multi-player mode?

The Intel Core i5-2500K has Intel HD Graphics 3000. You may be able to play the games at a display resolution of 1280x720 with absurdly low quality settings.
m
l

Best solution

a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 716 V Motherboard
October 10, 2011 7:32:52 PM

mannat said:
how good is on board display card on p8z68 v pro. can i play MW3 or cOD 4 on decent settings(not too high with no lag)

No, it would be choppy and slow with High settings and HD resolution of 1920x1080. The iGPU is fine for anything 2D including movies, and pretty much that's about it. Sure some games at mediocre settings - maybe. You can 'try it' and always pop-in a Discrete GPU. I prefer a minimum of 4xAA and only High Quility and minimum Frame Rate of >45FPS for smooth play.
mannat said:
I use sony tv as my dispay with HDMI cable. does this onboard dispaly card capable of Playing game s with HDMI. i m using i2500k CPU.

The HDMI is a Video and Sound cable, IF you get a Discrete GPU then in Virtu you could use the onboard HDMI in I-Mode. However, I find it best to use D-Mode and the 'HDMI' off the Discrete GPU if equipped and preferably versions 1.4 or 1.4a.

Call of Duty:

Here's several comparisons - http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-rev...
October 11, 2011 1:02:54 PM

Best answer selected by mannat.
m
l
!