SSD / HDD Question

Xlack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Hello, My Computer just started crashing. I can't enter the Motherboard BIOS so i'm thinking that's the problem. If I get a new motherboard can I just plug my SSD and HDD into it without having to install anything? Or will I have to do a complete re-install of everything.

Thanks!

There is only a very slight chance that it might work if you get a totally different model of motherboard. If you get a replacement of the same mode of motherboard, you should not have any problems.

The reason that it won't usually work is that the HAL will be different.
Ie. if you get a different motherboard, you should always reinstall Windows and all of your programs.

Xlack

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Okay thanks, Good thing Rogers just released unlimited internet! Just another question, What if I move all my games / programs to another HDD? and just clean install on my SSD. My HDD only have a games / program folder on it anyways.

The Windows registry will not know that; When you go into Programs and Features, they will not show up there, because they have not been installed. Remember, installation programs copy files to various locations in Windows, and into the Registry.