Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New HDD

Last response: in Storage
February 23, 2013 5:12:59 PM

I'm looking for a new hard drive. I currently have a 1TB Western Digital Green. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-1TB-WD10EADS-00...)

I'm really not interested in SSD right now but only hdd's. I was looking to upgrade to maybe a 1TB Western Digital black. Will I notice a big difference? Is there anything comparable to the WDC Black?

More about : hdd

February 24, 2013 12:03:06 PM

If you use it during data transfer you will notice it improve a bit...

but for general usage you wont see a difference...
m
l
February 25, 2013 4:50:32 PM

Da_Man said:
If you use it during data transfer you will notice it improve a bit...

but for general usage you wont see a difference...

Thanks for the feedback. I use it for gaming here and there and for word docs. So no real difference it game load times or boot time?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 920 G Storage
February 25, 2013 11:40:10 PM

boot time will improve somewhat thanks to the blacks faster transfer speed (7200 rpm vs variable* rpm on the green) and larger cache. You might see a 5-6 second improvement there.

Most applications will not see much of an improvement at all.

*The green uses a variable rpm design who's top speed is 7200rpm so its not as far behind the black as many people think.
February 26, 2013 3:39:55 AM

popatim said:
boot time will improve somewhat thanks to the blacks faster transfer speed (7200 rpm vs variable* rpm on the green) and larger cache. You might see a 5-6 second improvement there.

Most applications will not see much of an improvement at all.

*The green uses a variable rpm design who's top speed is 7200rpm so its not as far behind the black as many people think.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll pass on the HDD upgrade then and be happy with what I got.
m
l
March 6, 2013 12:41:32 AM

Best answer selected by Steagan.
m
l
March 6, 2013 12:41:41 AM

Best answer selected by Steagan.
m
l
!