Sign in with
Your question

Possible problem with 4890 and HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 21, 2010 8:18:41 PM

Hello,

I just bought an AOC 24 inch monitor, that supports 1920x1080p. On the back it supports this via HDMI, or VGA. Both work. But when I plug it in via HDMI it looks like complete crap. The edges of text are blurry. I tried configuring the TV thinking it came messed up, but I plugged it into an HDMI DVD player and everything looks great. Also, it doesn't even display full screen! The sampling / oversample in CCC fixed that, but it still looks awful. It looks this way at all resolutions. I tried two HDMI cables too. Updated to the latest version of drivers, too. Also, none of these problems exist through VGA.

ANY IDEAS!? Thanks so much.. I have 90 days to return this thing... The model number is AOC L24H898, "Envision Series"

My 4890 is by Diamond HD.

More about : problem 4890 hdmi

September 21, 2010 9:49:37 PM

Do you have a picture of the problem? I've also struggled with HDMI outputs for my monitors and now I stick with just using DVI outputs.
m
l
September 21, 2010 9:59:18 PM

skolpo said:
Do you have a picture of the problem? I've also struggled with HDMI outputs for my monitors and now I stick with just using DVI outputs.

I'll try a screenshot, actually. That will tell me really fast whether or not it's my graphics card. I'll also take a picture of it too.
m
l
!