Hello guys, hope someone can help.

This is the deal:

I HAD this system:

- EVGA 780 i
- Intel E8400
- EVGA GeForce 9600 GT
- 4 GB DDR 2 800 Ram
- Hdd WD 7200..

After a while (2 years), my system started to fail, restart, NO video at all... So I check the bios to default, changed memory ram to an OCZ 1066 (everything else equal)... Sometimes the system goes up but then without any apparent reason I lost video and the system wont reastar until I cut the power for a while... Then the system started to give a long beep followed by to shorts (video??)... I changed the video card (borrowed one for a while) and got the same problem so I thougt my mobo whent out (pci-e slot dead), changed the PSU and same problem...

Now a bought a GB-P43-ES3G (rev 1.4), installed windows 7 on it with no problems (same GPU, CPU, RAM and HDD), everything was working as it should... but then I started to have the same problems... while using the pc suddenly NO VIDEO, restart and ok for a few minutes, sometimes it just wont give me video from the beginning, not even to see the BIOS post...

I don't wanna buy a video card just to realize it may be the CPU... so...

Question (finally): Is it posible that these problems are from de CPU??, remember I check the system with another PSU so it's not an electrical issue. What I have not done is to check this new MOBO wiht an other GPU, is it posible to had both (MOBO and GPU) with problems? (the cooling fans are all working good)

Thanks in advanced....

More about : video

a c 854 à CPUs
February 7, 2011 8:30:59 PM

If both PSU's where big enough for the system then it looks like the card unless it is your monitor, have you tried the monitor on a different computer.
m
l

Best solution

a c 141 à CPUs
February 7, 2011 9:05:18 PM

well you tried a different GPU and PSU so that leaves the Mobo.
So it could be the Mobo itself, the ram, or the cpu. I would first try running with 1 stickof ram when its doing this. If it doesnt boot up then try the other stick (repeat as necessary)

I had this same problem and it turned out to be one of the ram sticks.
Related resources
February 7, 2011 10:28:11 PM

rolli59 said:
If both PSU's where big enough for the system then it looks like the card unless it is your monitor, have you tried the monitor on a different computer.

Yes, one of the PSU is a Seasonic S12 Energy Plus 550W and the other one was a Corsair VX Series 550W... I was using the same monitor with my laptop and was ok... Definitly I'll have to try with a second card in this new board.

Thansk... :) 
m
l
February 7, 2011 10:47:31 PM

popatim said:
well you tried a different GPU and PSU so that leaves the Mobo.
So it could be the Mobo itself, the ram, or the cpu. I would first try running with 1 stickof ram when its doing this. If it doesnt boot up then try the other stick (repeat as necessary)

I had this same problem and it turned out to be one of the ram sticks.

Well, I did tried with a different GPU but with the old MOBO, and got the same issue..... it's just that I never thought that both the GPU and MOBO have issues, that is why I wanna know if it's possible that this specific error could come from the CPU... I'm gonna try a different GPU in this new board as soon as I get one (borrowed)...

Ram stick option?? Done and nothing!

Combination I've tried:

Old MOBO - New GPU and Old GPU --- Problems
Old MOBO - New RAM and Old Ram --- Problems
New MOBO - Old GPU - New RAM ---- worked some times for a few minutes..
New MOBO - New GPU --- Haven't tried!! Dont wanna buy a GPU cause I already bought a new MOBO

I just hope not to buy a second GPU and then turns out to be the CPU :pfff: 

Thanks... Ideas are welcome... keep posting! :) 
m
l
February 14, 2011 10:57:01 PM

Solve!! Both, MOBO and GPU had problems...
m
l
February 25, 2011 10:31:53 AM

Best answer selected by ddeleonr.
m
l
!