My PC Cant find my hard drive. help :(

silver350z

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
My pc broke bout 6 months ago, it would turn on then turn off after about 10 seconds and if i left it a day it would turn on for about 30 seconds lol. Anyway i left the pc for forgot about it.

But the other day i decided to try and fix it, i unplugged the ram and put it back in and it seems to work now lol but i unplugged all the wireing and stuff and i have plugged itall back in...But......

when i try to install windows xp it says:

"Setup could not dertermine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adapter. Currently, Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices(s):

<none>

* To specify additional SCSI adapters, CD-ROM drives, or special disk controllers for use with windows, including those for which have a device support disk from a mass storage device manufacturer, press S.

* If you do not have any device support disks from a mass storage device manufacturer, or do not want to specify additional mass storage devices for the use with windows, press ENTER."

I have tried 2 differnt hard drives but they have been man handeled and may be broken from that?

on other websites they say to download a sata drive to a floppy disk or somthing. BUT i dont have a floppy drive lol.

it there a part i can replace to fix this ? or should i just pay a company to fix it ? or just buy a new pc.

any help will be great and i will be very thankful.

Thank you

John

p.s a red light shows up on front of pc when it turns on and it stays there up until this point, the light should be blue.

silver350z

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
p.s after i press enter it says:

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program. Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3.

thanks i forgot to add that

Latest posts