Sign in with
Your question

Computer keeps turning off startup

Last response: in Motherboards
October 11, 2011 2:21:30 AM

Hello,
an not start my computer. begins startup process but them just keeps looping back... can not get to windows screen. also freezes all the time. can't move mouse or turn off w/o using the power button, which i have used many times. blue csreen. on occassion i get all this wierd lines and graphics on the screen . at on point i was able to use windows diagnostic tool-it told me it detected a problem w/my hardware . could this be due to a virus?- or is it the equipment itself? when i first got my computer , i had to send back to HP b/c my mother board was corrupt. they said they fixed it and i've been using it for over a yr. - but was it really fixed?? anyone know anything about what my problem could be? ...and more importantly, is there anything i can do myself to try to rectify this w/o having to send it out$$$! have tried antivirus. THANX.
October 11, 2011 2:48:07 AM

Hard time reading your post, but you mentioned something about blue screen.

Assuming this is a BSOD then take a photo of it and check what the error is returning, that'd be the best place to start.

And do you have a copy of Windows?
m
l
October 16, 2011 12:35:11 AM

Try a new fresh install of your operating system
is its your mother board then you have to buy a new one but make sure its your hardware
m
l
!