Sign in with
Your question

Can you buy laptop graphics??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 21, 2010 11:24:52 PM

i see laptop ram hdds procesors and disk drives online

but i dont see video cards for laptops can you buy them?

More about : buy laptop graphics

a c 358 U Graphics card
a c 433 D Laptop
September 21, 2010 11:34:09 PM

Yes, they are available, but are hard to find and really expensive. For example, I would not be surprised if a Mobility HD 5650 will costs $200.

Additionally, only a small number of laptops actually allows you to upgrade the video card. These laptops are generally somewhat expensive to begin with, say roughly $1,800 to start (at least).

Which exact laptop do you have? If you have something with an Intel GMA video card, then you are definitely out of luck. My general recommendation for a gaming laptop is to spend an additional $100 - $200 above your budget so that you can buy a model with an acceptable video card.
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
September 22, 2010 12:53:05 AM

^+1
m
l
February 5, 2011 8:34:37 PM

jaguarskx said:
Yes, they are available, but are hard to find and really expensive. For example, I would not be surprised if a Mobility HD 5650 will costs $200.

Additionally, only a small number of laptops actually allows you to upgrade the video card. These laptops are generally somewhat expensive to begin with, say roughly $1,800 to start (at least).

Which exact laptop do you have? If you have something with an Intel GMA video card, then you are definitely out of luck. My general recommendation for a gaming laptop is to spend an additional $100 - $200 above your budget so that you can buy a model with an acceptable video card.

I have an alienware m15x with gtx 260m, i'd like to upgrade to mobility radeon 5870m or even 4870m. I believe it is possible, i've seen a forum where a guy did complete the upgrade, but i have absolutely no idea where to buy the cards from. help?
m
l
!