External power up?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 25, 2005 1:44:35 PM

Hi,
is there a way to power up a laptop by USB devices?
I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo m1420 and I would like to use it without
open the top of the notebook when I'm at home. I have USB mouse and
keyboard and my home lcd, but I must open it to press the power key.
No way by BIOS settings.
Is there something to enable "secrets" options in the BIOS?
Otherwise another way to realize my idea?
Thanks.
Bye

Marco

More about : external power

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 25, 2005 1:44:36 PM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:44:35 +0100, "MarCO;)" <mac@email.it> wrote:

>Hi,
> is there a way to power up a laptop by USB devices?
>I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo m1420 and I would like to use it without
>open the top of the notebook when I'm at home. I have USB mouse and
>keyboard and my home lcd, but I must open it to press the power key.
>No way by BIOS settings.
>Is there something to enable "secrets" options in the BIOS?
>Otherwise another way to realize my idea?

Depends on your machine. Go to your bios Power Management screen, if
you see something like USB wake then yer golden, else nope.

You can always wake up the notebook via the power switch you know. Go
into Control Panel->Power Options->Advance. Select STANDBY when power
button pressed.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 25, 2005 1:44:36 PM

Oh dang, u said the power switch is NOT on the side, ooops.
Related resources
January 25, 2005 2:33:32 PM

MarCO;) wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a way to power up a laptop by USB devices?
> I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo m1420 and I would like to use it without
> open the top of the notebook when I'm at home. I have USB mouse and
> keyboard and my home lcd, but I must open it to press the power key.
> No way by BIOS settings.
> Is there something to enable "secrets" options in the BIOS?
> Otherwise another way to realize my idea?
> Thanks.
> Bye
>
> Marco

Sometimes there's a hot-key powerup in the bios. But I think you'd have
to go to a ps2 keybaord to make it work.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html

MarCO;) ha scritto:
> Hi,
> is there a way to power up a laptop by USB devices?
> I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo m1420 and I would like to use it without
> open the top of the notebook when I'm at home. I have USB mouse and
> keyboard and my home lcd, but I must open it to press the power key.
> No way by BIOS settings.
> Is there something to enable "secrets" options in the BIOS?
> Otherwise another way to realize my idea?
> Thanks.
> Bye
>
> Marco

Thks to all.
But my BIOS is very poor also after an update.
No USB otions. And no power key through keyboard (because there isn't a
PS2 plug perhaps?)
Only way is by WOL (ethernet card), but I have to power a desktop on my
lan to send the wake-packet, not handy at all!
Bye;)

Marco
!