Networking and Internet connection

rch0425

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
I have been researching this problem for months with no answer, thus far. My ISP is AT&T Uverse and I have a 2Wire gateway. This gateway (modem, router, whatever) is connected to my pc via ethernet cable. This gateway also has a wireless adapter built in, supposedly. My problem is a device called "2Wire usb remote ndis ethernet" that is listed by the device manager under "Other". It has the yellow question mark beside it and, if I delete the device, I receive a message at boot up that "2Wire usb remote ndis ethernet" cannot find a driver. I did not receive a CD when the install took place. I am running an AMD Phenom quad processor with Windows 7 64bit Home Premium. I have contacted 2Wire who sends me to AT&T, who sends me back to 2Wire, so I've bounced back and forth since last August.
Can anyone explain what this device is? How do I find the driver, and is this the cause of a problem I've described in another thread whereby an application cannot access the internet? I hate to be stupid, but it seems that I am. Can someone please help me with this?
Thanks

rch0425