What's the best program for GPU monitoring/altering fan profiles?

DDar

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
Hi, I have two GTX 470s running in SLI mode on my PC. The top one gets pretty hot when playing Civilization V (around 75 C!) while the bottom one remains at 63 or so (don't really remember the exact temp, but it was significantly lower than the top card).

Anyways, this of course is without OCing, but with a modified fan profile (basically I just have it go up alot faster than the default one, so that by 80 C the fan is at 90% and by 90C it's at 100%.). I've been using MSI afterburner to do this, but I keep on reading about some sort of bug with MSI afterburner and the GTX 470s on here. Thing is, here is the only place I keep hearing about this bug, so I dunno.

Anyways, should I just keep using MSI Afterburner or is there something better out there?

fishyfinners

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
nvidia control panel ??? your cards drivers should have it
on mine u can make prefrences
like temp-fan speed ie' 50'c 50% fan speed up to 80'c 100% temp-fan speed graph
or u can do it buy usage or even so when u run a program it will alter the fan speed to wot you have set it to only thing is if u dont set any thing it will stay at the stock speed of 40% i found it was ace once id set it up and the cards would stay much cooler you can also hear the fans run faster when gpu temp rises