Solved

Questions about which SSD to buy for new build

I have a chance to buy a Samsung SSD which is 120GB 6gbp read at 500 and writes at 130 for about 95 dollars.
Is this a good buy?

Or

Buy a Intel SSD 120 GB, 6gbp, reads at 500 and writes at 400 for about 120 dollars.

I would save about 30 bucks buying the first choice.

Which is better buy? Should I order something different from the states? I am living in Japan(American).
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about questions build
  1. Samsung would be my choice.
  2. Best answer
    840 Pro is better than the standard 840.
  3. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    840 Pro is better than the standard 840.

So the Samsung I mention above is the Pro?
  4. No, it's the standard but still a decent drive.I own both.
  5. In this instance, Intel would be the better choice because of the read/write times.
  6. I second Samsung. I have 2 of their SSDs and they are awesome. Go finda 830 since it's not that far behind the 840 Pro and you save around $80 for a 256GB model.
  7. hero1 said:
    I second Samsung. I have 2 of their SSDs and they are awesome. Go finda 830 since it's not that far behind the 840 Pro and you save around $80 for a 256GB model.

So even though the Samsung is only 130 with its write time it is still a good drive?
  8. The Samsung 840 Pro is the best performing SSD I own.I have owned Intel,Kingston Hyper X,and a Plextor which I don't count because it was DOA.
  9. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    The Samsung 840 Pro is the best performing SSD I own.I have owned Intel,Kingston Hyper X,and a Plextor which I don't count because it was DOA.

I am not sure if the store has the Pro.
    I am interested in this because of the price. Should I buy the Samsung?
  10. I prefer Samsung.
  11. Also Sandisk extreme is great fast and reliable... check this model

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sandisk-internal-hard-drive-sdssdx120gg25
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD New Build Samsung SSD Storage Product