Sign in with
Your question

External Storage

Last response: in Storage
February 24, 2013 1:56:56 PM

I have an old laptop sata drive that I want to use as a storage device. It is a 500 GB WD. I have it plugged into a SATA bridge so that it can plug into my computer. When I plug it up, it doesn't show up, but rather shows up as a greyed out F drive. I can't access it so that I can format it? How do I access this drive. Even when I unplug it the F path still shows up on my computer panel.

More about : external storage

a b G Storage
February 24, 2013 2:00:48 PM

Does this "sata bridge" work with other drives? What kind of "bridge" is it? You can use regular sata cables to hook up laptop drives inside your computer. Try that.
m
l
February 24, 2013 2:16:39 PM

zdbc13 said:
Does this "sata bridge" work with other drives? What kind of "bridge" is it? You can use regular sata cables to hook up laptop drives inside your computer. Try that.

My sata bridge is for laptop drives. My desktop computer has a sata drive but the laptop one is an eSATA. That is why I have to use the bridge. When I first hooked it up, it worked. Then I reformated it so that I could delete the old partitions that had the laptops OS on it. When I did that, that is when it went to pieces on me and now I can't open it. When I click on it it will say please insert a disk into drive F.
m
l
!