Original RAM, Old RAM from Old Computer and Crucial RAM

PapaT912

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hi you guys, a newbie to the forum here, I have a HP Pavilion A6537C with Foxconn MCP73M02H1 Motherboard HP NAPA-GL8E nForce 630i. It came with 2 X 2 GB of PC2-64000U-666-12-EO RAM. One day the computer was off, when I came home, so I booted it up and then I’ve had trouble ever since. I thought that the RAM must be bad so I did a diagnostic test with PC-Doctor (with came with the computer) at boot-up and sure enough it said that I had bad RAM. So I ordered 2 X 2 GB sticks of RAM from Crucial and put it in. It too showed that the RAM was bad. How can this be? I look around and had 2 X 512 MB of Corsair VS512MB533D@ Ram so I put it in and bam! It booted up and ran with no problems. I’ve done all of the latest hardware and software update and I get the same results as stated above. When I ran the PC-Doctor I got a “B1OME-1 Failed” message. And when I let the 4 GB of RAMs run, it goes through the boot stage as if it’s going to load the Vista 64 bit OS and then I get the blue screen of death with and error message the states “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA”. Can anyone tell me what’s going on?

Thanks in advance.

PapaT