Sign in with
Your question

NVIDIA SETUP ERROR

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 22, 2010 4:18:11 AM

first of all sorry for my bad english and low level hardware knowledge

my old nvidia 8400gs card have some problem so they replaced it with new one now the problem is that when i try to install nvidia driver it says
nvidia setup error "the nvidia setup program could not locate any driver that are compatible with your current hardware setup will now exit"

i download latest driver from nvidia site but no help

i have intel 945gc chipset motherboard
intel e2160 1.8ghz
2gb ddr2 ram

so plz help me to solve out this problem

More about : nvidia setup error

a b U Graphics card
September 22, 2010 4:48:57 AM

Try using older drivers and see if it works. The newer drivers do not optimize the older 8xxx cards very well anyway.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 22, 2010 4:59:17 AM

Try this:

Go to the nvidia web site and let the web site install the program (Option 2) that allows them to detect your video card.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If it detects your new 8400, download the driver, install, and you should be OK.

If it cannot detect your new 8400, bring that card back too.
m
l
Related resources
September 23, 2010 2:37:05 AM

Twoboxer said:
Try this:

Go to the nvidia web site and let the web site install the program (Option 2) that allows them to detect your video card.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

If it detects your new 8400, download the driver, install, and you should be OK.

If it cannot detect your new 8400, bring that card back too.

i try option 2 but it cant detect my 8400 gpu but when i put this card in my friends pc its working he told me that my mob have bios problem
so anyone can tell me about it
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 23, 2010 3:22:26 AM

When you tested on your friends pc, did you install new drivers *while* your card was installed? Or did you use his installed drivers? or did you have no drivers at all installed?

If you did install new drivers on his pc, then he may be right - you may have a mobo or BIOS issue.
m
l
!