Asus h67 dGPU - iGPU switch

Last response: in Motherboards
October 11, 2011 2:05:05 PM

Hey Folks,
So i just got :
Asus P8h67-m pro
Intel i5-2500k
4Gb ram
And i installed my Asus 6970 DCU ii in it setup Win 7 64x everything worked like a charm installed all d drivers everything went smooth..
Until i tried using the internal Gpu for quick sync
Now i did the bios setting changed to igpu disconnected the 6970 n connected the motherboard to VGA
it booted,installed the intel display drivers from the dvd restarted but the resolution did not change opened the device manager and it showed error code 12 it said to disable a program(????) i disabled the 6970 in the device manager unistalled all amd software restarted and yet it showed the same error :( 
I know if i remove the 6970 it will work but i do not wish to do that..........any help please!!!
i used to do the same in my 785g with Phenom 965 the 6970 used to get disabled automatically, but i guess that is because both iGPU and dGPU were of AMD so no driver issues
Thanks in advance
P.S : Sorry for the long post wanted to be as detailed as possible :) ....... sad and excited!!!
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
October 11, 2011 2:47:21 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums
There is no need to uninstall/remove your 6970 at all.(w/dGPU method)
Instead of setting the graphic adapter to "iGPU" in the BIOS,set it to "PCIE/PCI) but make sure you enable the "Ludic" option which is right under it.Then boot in to windows and install both your 6970 and the intel HD drivers.
Afer that download and install the Lucid virtue software(which should be in your motherboard's DVD too).
m
l
October 11, 2011 3:01:02 PM

Maziar said:
Hello and welcome to the forums
There is no need to uninstall/remove your 6970 at all.(w/dGPU method)
Instead of setting the graphic adapter to "iGPU" in the BIOS,set it to "PCIE/PCI) but make sure you enable the "Ludic" option which is right under it.Then boot in to windows and install both your 6970 and the intel HD drivers.
Afer that download and install the Lucid virtue software(which should be in your motherboard's DVD too).

READ p8H67 m pro no Lucid for me :( 
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
October 11, 2011 7:04:54 PM

That's strange,do you have the latest BIOS ?
m
l
October 12, 2011 5:17:01 PM

Maziar said:
That's strange,do you have the latest BIOS ?

just got it 2 days ago

@jaquith will try dat n i kept the igpu memory at 256
m
l
!