Cooler Master or Coarsair?

Xzurin

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Hey im about to build a new High End Pc and i am stuck between 2 psus:

A.) the Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000w

B.) Coarsair Hx 1000w

I just need advice on wich one to get :D

With only those two choices, and assuming cost is no issue, I'd go with the Corsair.

However, unless you have three GTX 580s in SLI, four hard drives in RAID, 32GB of RAM, two optical drives, and a large liquid-cooling system, you likely don't need that kind of power.

A relatively normal high-end gaming system would peak at around 400W or so, so a 650W power supply is just fine for that kind of thing. Add a second GPU and you might go up to a 700W or 750W.

Xzurin

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
My system setup is going to be:

Intel Core I7
Asus Rampage III Formula
6 Gigs DDR3
2 optical Drives
1 640 Gig HDD Sata III
SSD later
2 Gtx 580s Sli
Numerous Case fans

Ive heard good things about Coarsair in the past so ill try it thanks for the reply and advice :)

Nerdbox87

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
Corsair for sure - but also i'd be going with a 2600k + 1155 mobo with 32 PCI-E lanes like the UD7, puts the smack down on the 1366 i7s and avoids the 8x 8x factor, and looks like you have the budget for it.

(Stores here in Aus are still selling 1155 mobos - not sure about US, and would be worth the rebuild hassle in April IMO)

Intel SATA/chipset issues with P67 and H67 are causing the motherboard makers to hold off on production with April as the minimum resolution date. Gradual deterioration of disk performance within a few years is the symptom to look out for.

I like my Corsair power supply. I've never owned a Coolermaster power supply.

My vote is for the Corsair.

Corsair units are comparatively better to their CM counterparts anyday.. Not sure for how much you are getting the HX 1000 though.. Comparing newegg prices, an extra 50$ can fetch you the AX 1200 which is well over your needs but is a superior PSU.. And for 50$ less, you can get the HX 850 which too can manage your setup pretty neatly..

TRENDING THREADS