Sign in with
Your question

AMD Asus MB w/ Win 7 All JPEG PIcs and Video are blocky and messed up

Last response: in Systems
November 14, 2010 2:15:05 AM

I just put together this new build(my first) from components I bought Newegg.
Asus 785M AM2/AM3 Board
Sempron 140 (Unlocked)
4 gig of DDR2
Win 7

It is messed up, When I go on the internet all the pictures and video on google and everywhere else are blocky and pixelated. Then about every 4th picture or so they look ok. I have no idea why..

Any ideas out there? Anyone seen this kind of thing before?

All I can think of is the way I got my OS. I had an old copy of Milenium which I Then updated it with XP Proffessional(Service Pack 1) and then used the Windows 7 upgrade disk I got to load in Win 7.. Could this be my problem?

Anyway any help would be much appreciated.....
Thank You-----
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 14, 2010 11:56:15 AM

Uninstall all graphics drivers and reinstall the correct ones for that board or GPU that you have got.
Change the display resolutions and color to 32Bit and not 16 or 265Bit....
Millennium Edition had the 256Bit config in it so I guess it must have stuck on somehow.
Try this and revert if it is not corrected, then we'll need a full specification of you system.

And looking at the way in which you have progressed with the OS, I'd say, it's high time you got a new OS and clean installed it to avoid more complicated driver issues later on....
m
l
November 14, 2010 3:18:14 PM

I had another processor on hand and had a flash that maybe I have a Faulty Proc.

Turns out changing the
processor fixed the problem...........

Thanks for taking time to try to help me....
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2010 3:36:54 PM

It might not be a "faulty" processor. You did say you unlocked it, it could have had a bad core so they disabled it and sold it as a single core.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 14, 2010 5:18:02 PM

I think your problem is ME

any more than 500 Mb of RAM can make it unstable . Back then performance PC's usually had 128Mb
m
l
November 14, 2010 6:33:59 PM

zooted said:
It might not be a "faulty" processor. You did say you unlocked it, it could have had a bad core so they disabled it and sold it as a single core.

That thought did occur to me, you may be very well right.....

I will go into BIOS and turn off one of the cores and see if that eliminates the problem..

Thanks
m
l
November 15, 2010 3:39:44 AM

I went into bios and turned off the 2nd unlocked core and the problem is fixed...
Sometimes you simpluy get what you pay for, oh well........
m
l
November 15, 2010 3:40:37 AM

zooted said:

I went into bios and turned off the 2nd unlocked core and the problem is fixed...
Sometimes you simply get what you pay for, oh well........
m
l
!