Unrecognized USB storage

Asmodeus33

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Hello again everyone.

I have been having problems with a digital camera's storage files. It has been crashing on me a lot in different ways. Right now is isn't being properly recognized by windows. It's formatted as FAT 32, and has 16G memory copacity. In disk managment right now it shows up as RAW and 8MB memory. It won't let me check for errors in the properties menu saying that I have to format the disk first. When I attempt to format the disk there's is no longer an option for FAT 32 on my PC. I last formatted this device as FAT 32 10 hours ago. My options are NTFS, FAT (default) and exFAT. No matter which I try I get an error unable to format. I don't think the problem is with the connection, because it is charging via the USB connection and shows up, but shows up as a different device. I've tried it in three different USB ports on the laptop and on a Desktop. I've run two different partition recovery softwares that say the disk needs to be formatted before I can access it. I also tried Fat32Formatter. I'm getting a message that the partition collapsed and I need to initialize. When I initialize, I get the same message again.

Asmodeus33

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
@anguspaul "I've tried it in three different USB ports on the laptop and on a Desktop." as for trying it on my camera, I'm confused by that question. The USB connection to the camera seems to be the problem. I'd assume it was a bad connection accept that the camera charges when the USB is plugged in and that still works.