My HDD will not show up?

jackfowler

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Today I moved all my components from one computer case to another (upgrade). I had 1x SSD (OS) and 1xHDD (DATA). I also wanted some more storage so Iv'e added 2x more HDD's. When booting up with the new case it can only see the new HDD with nothing on them... I have used the same SATA ports/Cables etc. The original Data HD is a WD black and I can hear and feel it spin up but it doesn't show up at all. I tried it on another computer and it doesn't show up in disk management, device manager or BIOS.

What the hell can I do!?!?!? I haven't made any basic mistakes because I have spent at least 3 hours already going over this and can only lead to believe they are broken even though they were working only 1 hour ago in the exact same set up apart from the case is different?

FlaveRo

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Alright well we can go ahead and start out simple, boot up the computer with only the original SSD and the original HDD and see what heppens. Tell me if both the original HDD is recognized.

jackfowler

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Done that! It said something along the lines of there is no bootable drive recognized. I have also tried both the HDD and SSD like this buy no luck.

I tried using them in a different system and had no luck as well.