Sign in with
Your question

My computer is not reading my hard drive that was connected to my xbox 360

Last response: in Storage
February 24, 2013 9:05:40 PM

So my little sister decided to connect my Western Digital hard drive to my XBOX 360 without formatting it on the computer. She started to reconfigure it on the XBOX but unplugged it as soon as it started because she realized it would delete all of my stuff. Now it won't read on my computer, it says unrecognizable. Any suggestions on how to fix it?? Thanks
February 25, 2013 12:30:36 AM

How does it show in “Disk Management”? The rude unplugging operation often can cause these similar problems. Your sister should use the drive rightly and safely in the future.
She can try to assign a new letter to this drive in “Disk Management”: Right click it and select “Change Drive Letter or Paths”.
Does it work?
If not, she also can format it to take a chance. Worry about the important data inside? Don’t worry. I know there is a hard drive recovery freeware that is found by my friend when his drive becomes RAW. Now, he has recovered all his inaccessible data back. Just give it a chance: http://raw-file-system.blogspot.com/2013/02/raw-drive-r...
In the future, your sister should learn a lesson to keep a regular data backup in case of similar problems.
m
l
!