Lan PC

Hi, I recently got my brothers old computer, the PSU does not work and I can't be arsed to buy a new PSU for it. So I was planning on making a LAN PC out of the parts. I am not sure however about what motherboard I should get.

This is the setup I am planning on getting: (AG=Already Got)

Case: Silverstone SG07 (with 600w PSU)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 @ 2.40Ghz (AG)
GPU: Geforce 7800GT Gainward (AG)
RAM: 2GB 500Mhz DDR Corsair (2x1gb) (AG)
HDD: 250GB 3,5" Internal HDD

I think that's all the components..
And I am not planning on buying anything I don't need, like an SSD.
So yeah, what motherboard should I get? One that fits the CPU and the memory..
Thanks for taking the time to read this =)
9 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Reply please...?
    I need to know kinda fast :S
  2. CMON answer pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
  3. I don't get it. No answers? Normally I get a answer in under 1hour
  4. there's not much to say about it you already have most of the system I would however get this psu and this case instead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146065&Tpk=NZXT%20vulcan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207007&cm_re=xfx_650-_-17-207-007-_-Product

Both are cheaper and better for your needs.
  5. Don't bump the thread so much.Anyway that pc is VERY outdated.The parts it has are unusable for a gaming pc of any kind.
  6. ^+1 BeCoolBro

He speaks the truth. The best that PC can do is be relegated to an internet browser/email checker.

For a LAN you'll need all new components.
  7. It's not that bad on lan parties I play retro games and for that it'll do great. although an overhaul would do it some good.
  8. Unless the party is specifically for retro games, in which case a 5 year old PC will obviously do fine, then he will need a new system for current generation games.

Did we really have to state an old computer will work better on old games?
  9. It good for light games like reflexive games.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product