Need mother board picking help, help!!

Hey guys i am looking everywhere for a good cheap mobo, this is my first build and i am trying to save money, the things i definitely want is usb 3.0 and 6gb sata, also a mobo that supports AM3 + as i wont be building or buying a computer untill this one completelly dies so i want it to be relitivly up to date, so i can just upgrade parts, so far i have found this, its a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, if there is any cheaper mobo that you think fits the bill please say, i am open to any and all advice so please comment!! This is my list of parts http://pricespy.co.nz/mypage.php?a=ConnorKent&k=44163 it is missing a PSU as i am still looking for a modular psu that is second hand.
11 answers Last reply
More about need mother board picking help help
  1. ASUS Crosshair V Formula has everything you mentioned and more it is the bomb
  2. I need a new computer said:
    Hey guys i am looking everywhere for a good cheap mobo, this is my first build and i am trying to save money, the things i definitely want is usb 3.0 and 6gb sata, also a mobo that supports AM3 + as i wont be building or buying a computer untill this one completelly dies so i want it to be relitivly up to date, so i can just upgrade parts, so far i have found this, its a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, if there is any cheaper mobo that you think fits the bill please say, i am open to any and all advice so please comment!! This is my list of parts http://pricespy.co.nz/mypage.php?a=ConnorKent&k=44163 it is missing a PSU as i am still looking for a modular psu that is second hand.


    You are much better off buying a Gigabyte motherboard.
  3. my bad in the product list i have a different mobo, i am thinking of getting the Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
  4. n2it said:
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula has everything you mentioned and more it is the bomb

    I was kinda trying to keep it cheap as the only way i earn money is doing things like mowing the lawns and a paperun :D
  5. looked around for you and for a person thats on a tight budget, this is a great board to get at a good price:
    http://www.eio.com/p-35106-asus-m5a87-am3-amd-870-sata-6gbs-usb-30-atx-amd-motherboard.aspx
    it has USB3.0, SATA 6Gb/s with AM3+ support.
    i've always gotten ASUS boards, and i can tell you that they will never disappoint you.
    this board should last you a long time, as long as you treat it right ahahaha :P
  6. eric8705 said:
    looked around for you and for a person thats on a tight budget, this is a great board to get at a good price:
    http://www.eio.com/p-35106-asus-m5a87-am3-amd-870-sata-6gbs-usb-30-atx-amd-motherboard.aspx
    it has USB3.0, SATA 6Gb/s with AM3+ support.
    i've always gotten ASUS boards, and i can tell you that they will never disappoint you.
    this board should last you a long time, as long as you treat it right ahahaha :P

    Haha, i cant even buy that board in my country, i live in New Zealand
  7. was thinking of breaking the budget a bit and buying this mobo ASUS M5A97 EVO , as it has things like lossless audio support and easy overclocking abilitys, now its the ASUS M5A97 EVO vs Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 its all down to is the asus really worth the extra $$$, they have the same south bridge and chipset etc so . . . .
  8. I need a new computer said:
    Haha, i cant even buy that board in my country, i live in New Zealand

    i think that store ships world wide, just fyi :P

    you should look into that board though, think itll be good for you.
  9. eric8705 said:
    i think that store ships world wide, just fyi :P

    you should look into that board though, think itll be good for you.

    yeah, i will look into that, but if im going to get a asus mob i think ill get this one ASUS M5A97 EVO, its pretty mutch the one you suggested, just a few models up i think :sol:
    thanks for all the quick replys
  10. i might make another forum , but does anybody know a good cheap modular psu, has to be modular, i can get a good second hand one, a corsairHX620W for pretty mutch a quater of what its worth, but i want to plan everything first, so any modular psu that anybody knows, you can post that to!!
  11. Have Decided, I am going to get a Asus M5A97 EVO, Thanks for your help guys
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards