Need mother board picking help, help!!

I need a new computer

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Hey guys i am looking everywhere for a good cheap mobo, this is my first build and i am trying to save money, the things i definitely want is usb 3.0 and 6gb sata, also a mobo that supports AM3 + as i wont be building or buying a computer untill this one completelly dies so i want it to be relitivly up to date, so i can just upgrade parts, so far i have found this, its a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, if there is any cheaper mobo that you think fits the bill please say, i am open to any and all advice so please comment!! This is my list of parts http://pricespy.co.nz/mypage.php?a=ConnorKent&k=44163 it is missing a PSU as i am still looking for a modular psu that is second hand.

You are much better off buying a Gigabyte motherboard.

eric8705

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

I need a new computer

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

Haha, i cant even buy that board in my country, i live in New Zealand

I need a new computer

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
was thinking of breaking the budget a bit and buying this mobo ASUS M5A97 EVO , as it has things like lossless audio support and easy overclocking abilitys, now its the ASUS M5A97 EVO vs Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 its all down to is the asus really worth the extra $$$, they have the same south bridge and chipset etc so . . . .

eric8705

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

i think that store ships world wide, just fyi :p

you should look into that board though, think itll be good for you.

I need a new computer

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

yeah, i will look into that, but if im going to get a asus mob i think ill get this one ASUS M5A97 EVO, its pretty mutch the one you suggested, just a few models up i think :sol:
thanks for all the quick replys

I need a new computer

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
i might make another forum , but does anybody know a good cheap modular psu, has to be modular, i can get a good second hand one, a corsairHX620W for pretty mutch a quater of what its worth, but i want to plan everything first, so any modular psu that anybody knows, you can post that to!!