Sign in with
Your question

Need mother board picking help, help!!

Last response: in Motherboards
October 12, 2011 6:11:39 AM

Hey guys i am looking everywhere for a good cheap mobo, this is my first build and i am trying to save money, the things i definitely want is usb 3.0 and 6gb sata, also a mobo that supports AM3 + as i wont be building or buying a computer untill this one completelly dies so i want it to be relitivly up to date, so i can just upgrade parts, so far i have found this, its a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, if there is any cheaper mobo that you think fits the bill please say, i am open to any and all advice so please comment!! This is my list of parts http://pricespy.co.nz/mypage.php?a=ConnorKent&k=44163 it is missing a PSU as i am still looking for a modular psu that is second hand.
October 12, 2011 8:30:44 AM

ASUS Crosshair V Formula has everything you mentioned and more it is the bomb
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 12, 2011 9:50:54 AM

I need a new computer said:
Hey guys i am looking everywhere for a good cheap mobo, this is my first build and i am trying to save money, the things i definitely want is usb 3.0 and 6gb sata, also a mobo that supports AM3 + as i wont be building or buying a computer untill this one completelly dies so i want it to be relitivly up to date, so i can just upgrade parts, so far i have found this, its a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3, if there is any cheaper mobo that you think fits the bill please say, i am open to any and all advice so please comment!! This is my list of parts http://pricespy.co.nz/mypage.php?a=ConnorKent&k=44163 it is missing a PSU as i am still looking for a modular psu that is second hand.

You are much better off buying a Gigabyte motherboard.
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2011 10:17:33 AM

my bad in the product list i have a different mobo, i am thinking of getting the Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
m
l
October 12, 2011 10:20:15 AM

n2it said:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula has everything you mentioned and more it is the bomb

I was kinda trying to keep it cheap as the only way i earn money is doing things like mowing the lawns and a paperun :D 
m
l
October 12, 2011 10:29:50 PM

looked around for you and for a person thats on a tight budget, this is a great board to get at a good price:
http://www.eio.com/p-35106-asus-m5a87-am3-amd-870-sata-...
it has USB3.0, SATA 6Gb/s with AM3+ support.
i've always gotten ASUS boards, and i can tell you that they will never disappoint you.
this board should last you a long time, as long as you treat it right ahahaha :p 
m
l
October 12, 2011 10:33:08 PM

eric8705 said:
looked around for you and for a person thats on a tight budget, this is a great board to get at a good price:
http://www.eio.com/p-35106-asus-m5a87-am3-amd-870-sata-...
it has USB3.0, SATA 6Gb/s with AM3+ support.
i've always gotten ASUS boards, and i can tell you that they will never disappoint you.
this board should last you a long time, as long as you treat it right ahahaha :p 

Haha, i cant even buy that board in my country, i live in New Zealand
m
l
October 12, 2011 10:57:21 PM

was thinking of breaking the budget a bit and buying this mobo ASUS M5A97 EVO , as it has things like lossless audio support and easy overclocking abilitys, now its the ASUS M5A97 EVO vs Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 its all down to is the asus really worth the extra $$$, they have the same south bridge and chipset etc so . . . .
m
l
October 12, 2011 11:10:47 PM

I need a new computer said:
Haha, i cant even buy that board in my country, i live in New Zealand

i think that store ships world wide, just fyi :p 

you should look into that board though, think itll be good for you.
m
l
October 12, 2011 11:22:43 PM

eric8705 said:
i think that store ships world wide, just fyi :p 

you should look into that board though, think itll be good for you.

yeah, i will look into that, but if im going to get a asus mob i think ill get this one ASUS M5A97 EVO, its pretty mutch the one you suggested, just a few models up i think :sol: 
thanks for all the quick replys
m
l
October 12, 2011 11:28:34 PM

i might make another forum , but does anybody know a good cheap modular psu, has to be modular, i can get a good second hand one, a corsairHX620W for pretty mutch a quater of what its worth, but i want to plan everything first, so any modular psu that anybody knows, you can post that to!!
m
l
October 13, 2011 12:55:26 AM

Have Decided, I am going to get a Asus M5A97 EVO, Thanks for your help guys
m
l
!