New Build Booting....

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
just setup a new system on a p67 asus pro 3.1 motherboard...i'm pretty busy and don't have much time to spend with it right now, but noticed it was booting right off the power switch on the PSU. Anyone know what might be causing this? is there a bios entry that i need to set? the second you flip the power switch on the PSU, it turns on...not actually hitting the button on the case...anyone?

Some of my old motherboards used to power up for a few seconds the first time the PSU was turned on. Then after that, the case power switch worked normally.

Otherwise, if what Twoboxer suggests does not work, I think the PSU is the problem and there is a small glitch in the startup circuits.

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
what is up with the "18" appearing after people's posts? anyway..i was just toying with the machine again, doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. i thought back to when it did what i said before....i recall turning the PSU off directly while i was in the bios...i was going to wait 5 seconds and turn it back on....so when i turned it back on in 5 seconds, i flipped the PSU switch and again, without touching the power button on case it turned immediately on...those were the circumstances when this happened. but now when i let it shut down for a good 20 seconds, then tried it again, seems ok now. should i still be concerned or no?