Win7 "SLEEP"

staalkoppie

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
My Win7x64 goes in a sleep mode after like + - 30min of media player playback or being idle.
while watching a movie, or listening music, the screen would switch off, and the sound would stop, but the media still continues??!

I have set the power settings to always on, but this still persists.

come to think of it, could this be a setting on my mobo?
how do I fix this?

hardwaretechy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
If the screen switches off and the sound stops, how do you know that the media continues?

Look under the power settings and make sure that turn screen off after and turn hard drives off after, and put computer to sleep after are all set to either 0 min or never. This should all be default for Always On logically, but maybe not, so worth double checking.

staalkoppie

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009

all power setting are always on, and the movie still runs, although there is no sound and the screens goes of..

anyway, the problem was a setting on my MOBO as previously suspected.
My ASUS MOBO has a "Performance", "Tranquility" and "auto" setting that the computer configures itself for the task at hand. Turns out that while on auto, as soon as I run low intensity tasks, the MOBO would then attempt to save power and reduce noise, and after not being active for a while also slows down the fans, stops the sound and switches off the screen.

Thanks for the input anyway.