New Maps

u may wanna upgrade the maps for ut2004 m8.. more peeps are playing it..

"Steve Hunter" <steve.hunter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Visit http://www.custommaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
>
> Let me know what you think!

"Steve Hunter" <steve.hunter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Let me know what you think!

I do some HTML coding as a hobby and semi-profession, here are some tips for you:

1. Please, change to a sans-serif font. Times New Roman is difficult to read.

2. Compress the images. The banner is 2048 x 512 (120 KB) when, in the source, you've set
that same image to display at 950 x 238. Same goes for the thumbnails for the maps. You will
save loading time if you change the dimensions of all the images to what they actually
display on the page.

3. "Click here" is a bad idea. Move the hyperlink to the name of the map. Doing that will
remove redundant text and make navigation easier.

4. Underlines are normally saved for hyperlinks. Having the headings in bold is enough.

5. You have 4 errors on that page according to
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.custommaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/. While that
isn't bad for a site that I'm assuming is generated, the code is very messy and contains
enormous amounts of redundant code.

6. Light text on a dark background can cause eye strain.

Meltdown

Deanjl enlightened us with:
> I do some HTML coding as a hobby and semi-profession, here are some
> tips for you:

A tip for you: set your line width to max. 75 characters.

> 1. Please, change to a sans-serif font. Times New Roman is difficult
> to read.

Yep.

> 3. "Click here" is a bad idea. Move the hyperlink to the name of the
> map. Doing that will remove redundant text and make navigation
> easier.

For more info: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/ It's called "Quality Tips
for Webmasters". I wrote "Use class with semantics in mind" myself.

> 5. You have 4 errors on that page according to [validator URL
> snipped]. While that isn't bad for a site that I'm assuming is
> generated, the code is very messy and contains enormous amounts of
> redundant code.

Any error is bad.

> 6. Light text on a dark background can cause eye strain.

Having multiple stylesheets and offering an easy way of picking one
can help there.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Steve Hunter wrote:
> Visit http://www.custommaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
>
> Let me know what you think!

Thanks.. always looking for 2K3 CTF maps. Our clan has moved
on to 2K4 but we still have a dedicated following on our 2K3
server and they are always hungry for new maps.

TRENDING THREADS