Just for Fun: Who do you blame of Cougar Point Problem?

henryvalz

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I am a big fan of conspiracies, my egocentric-ism, and the assumption that if someone gains something from an event, they must therefore be to blame in some way....

Therefore, I have decided to blame the following individuals for the Cougar Point failures that lead to the recalls:

1) AMD. Clearly, the one with the most to gain from this recall is AMD. Therefore, I believe that AMD either (A) snuck into Intel's design lab and messed up the design, or (B) paid off an Intel exec to fubar it before release. If part B is true, I would expect a the new AMD boss to be a former Intel exec.

2) Fox/NewsCorp. The only television I currently watch is House, Simpsons, and Family Guy. Therefore, in an effort to get me to watch more television, Rupert Murdock CLEARLY conspired to stop P67 mobo companies from producing the new motherboards that I was going to build my new system with. I will have to flesh this one out better.

3) My wife. The person with the most to gain from this whole ordeal is clearly the person I can trust the least. That of course, is my wife. She had been telling me that we didn't quite have enough saved up for my to go spend $2k to build my dream system with an SSD, 2600k, and dual 580s. I believe that she, a government employee, worked in cahoots (sp?) with state and federal agencies to cause this catastrophe. It is obvious, as well, that my 18 month old son helped, possibly by drooling and saying "dadadada" for hours at a time.

So, my question for you is: "Who can you place blame upon"?

Clearly, this is the work of some tinfoil-hat-wearing conspiracy-theorist wingnut that believed if the Sandy Bridge led anywhere it would be the downfall of Western civilization. He infiltrated the design lab and introduced the broken plans to highlight the fragility of our decadent lifestyle and the error of our dependence on technology.

Thankfully Intel found the problem before the boards were introduced in true quantities. Otherwise this could have been a ticking time bomb...

:eek: :kaola: :pt1cable:

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I blame Intel.

This is obviously a ploy to reduce a massive tax bill on their profits, so by burning off $700M to rectify a "mistake" (that probably doesn't even exist - OEMs have been reporting the problems, but nobody in the real world has burned out their SATA controller yet) they have less profits, therefore less tax to pay.

It's obvious!

My first guess would be the prez & CEO of Canis Poopus Universal Semiconductors, Inc. After all, he is desperately looking for a job since his company has one employee and zero profits to date :p. He has already offered to replace Dirk Meyer at AMD for a mere $5M, but so far the BoD of AMD has declined his generous offer, stating for the record "We'd rather croak & eat sh!t first!"..

emmanuelxian07

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
If I were you, henryvalz, I'd wish that either 1 or 2 did the job, because if you think about it, your wife said you don't have enough savings to spend on your rig, so most probably she wouldn't spend a single cent on getting the job done. If your wife did it, then the question is, what did she pay her co-conspirators with? Tsk.. tsk.. tsk..
In all honesty, I think LePhuronn has a point. I don't believe that there's really something wrong with the board. There's some other reason for the recall and only a few persons know it.

BadTrip

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

That is very much a possibility.

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

Dont worry it was foxconn's fault and the responsible employee already evaded the suicide safety nets and perished.

(lol)

It was Intel , Ok, their greed to get the profits up after the Hype of sandy bridge they put us through last year, I really couldn't have expected anything else.
First 10 Days after their Launch, they were plagued with the burning contacts on a pinless processor... ????
Then after another 15 days they ended up dishing out some SATA nonsense which is really hard to believe....
If the processors isn't faulty, why is Intel recalling it's line of products??
I guess, only the Mobo chaps should be recalling their stuff.....
If the SATA controller dies down, then it's the faulty Sata Controller Design Firm that needs to be held responsible.....
I really find the Tax Reduction Idea a lot more appealing an logical.....
Although we all know how Logical the CPU or Women are.... :)

PS: think I forgot to mention last years biggest mess up of the retailer that sold the dummy Intel CPUs to it's customers online.......

It's not the CPU that's faulty but the chipset, you need to go back and read all the reports properly.