Sign in with
Your question

USB PROBLEM: SHORTCUT USB DRIVE..

Last response: in Storage
February 25, 2013 8:06:01 AM

Hey guys.. I really need help with mu USB. I used my flash disk to another computer because i wanted my file to printed on another computer. When i inserted my flash to that disk, i noticed that when i clicked on my USB (E:/) i could not see my files... instead a shortcut of my E:/ was shown... when i clicked on it, my files where there. I thought that it wasnt a problem at first but when my antivirus program detected something with my USB i could not open anymore the shortcut of E:/ inside my USB. so my files were lost.. good thing though that i made a backup of it all.. i tried to format my USB but the same problem persists.. now all my usb drive are infected.. can someone pls help me..
February 25, 2013 8:18:45 AM

m
l
Related resources
March 18, 2013 1:09:23 AM

have a solution to your problem already? if you have, can you tell me, please?

same happened to my usb drive.
m
l
March 18, 2013 10:43:44 PM

i have tried to format my usb but still it didnt work.. it seems to be a problem with the compute already.. i copied the files inside the shortcut then copied it outside the usb... then i download the latest avast.. avast blocks the action of the virus which is actually a system.32 virus..
m
l
April 26, 2013 7:23:29 AM

Computer: First save your files on you're disk D or somewhere safe... then try to "RESTORE POINT" it...

Flash Drive's: Format it on other computers(no shortcut virus).... don't even try to open you're Flash Drive's root... then it's okay...
m
l
a c 812 G Storage
April 26, 2013 4:14:52 PM

The damage has been done and is not easy to undo. Its much easier to just boot from a linux disk & format everything, the hdd, the usb's etc, than to try and restore all the correct files, folders, and permissions.
m
l
June 12, 2013 4:41:46 PM

IMSS Systems
Most Complete
USB Protector iMyth Security systems it's the most complete usb protector in the world it's a Monitor System & Anti-Virus & Anti-Link Infection & Anti-Worm & Complete System Tools & Much More. more information...

---------------

http://www.im-ss.net/
m
l
June 12, 2013 4:42:11 PM

mrxuh said:
Hey guys.. I really need help with mu USB. I used my flash disk to another computer because i wanted my file to printed on another computer. When i inserted my flash to that disk, i noticed that when i clicked on my USB (E:/) i could not see my files... instead a shortcut of my E:/ was shown... when i clicked on it, my files where there. I thought that it wasnt a problem at first but when my antivirus program detected something with my USB i could not open anymore the shortcut of E:/ inside my USB. so my files were lost.. good thing though that i made a backup of it all.. i tried to format my USB but the same problem persists.. now all my usb drive are infected.. can someone pls help me..

IMSS Systems
Most Complete
USB Protector iMyth Security systems it's the most complete usb protector in the world it's a Monitor System & Anti-Virus & Anti-Link Infection & Anti-Worm & Complete System Tools & Much More. more information...

---------------

m
l
June 17, 2013 6:07:58 PM

To recover your data (which is converted to shortcuts), just follow these simple steps:
Connect your pen/flash/external drive to your computer.
Go to My Computers and check what drive it is assigned for example F: or G: drive. Lets assume its G: (replace it with correct letter as applicable in your case).
Click on “Start” –>”Run”–> type cmd and hit OK. This will start command prompt.
Enter the following command and hit “Enter”.
attrib -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.*

FAQs

Q: I tried the command but getting this error: attrib-h-r-s cannot be recognized.
A: I bet you missed the spaces attrib -H -R -S /D G:\*.*
Q: If I use the attrib command, will the hard drive get formatted and will all the files and folders be deleted?
A: No, only the files converted to shortcuts will be recovered. Nothing will be deleted.
Q: I had accidently deleted the data on my pen drive. How can I recover that?
A: For that you need data recovery tool. Try these free tools – Recuva, TestDisk, PhotoRec etc.
Q: All files converted to shortcuts and are infected by virus. Should I format my pen drive?
A: If you format the drive, you will loose all the data. Try to recover existing data using the attrib command as written in the post. Also scan the drive with latest antivirus.
Q: My folder name contains spaces for example My ABC. How to run the command?
A: When you run the command, use double quotes around the folder name ie “My ABC”
Hope that Helps :) 
Source:
http://www.technologynext.org/files-on-flashexternalhar...
m
l
September 1, 2013 10:18:59 PM

iMyth security Systems ( IMSS )
This Is A Fantastic Tool i Really Like It...
All Pen Drive Shortcuts were Gone & All Hide Data Will Now recovered within a seconds..
I will Give ***** ( Five Star )
m
l
September 23, 2013 8:26:55 PM

Hey guys! I just wanted to share my solutions.
ADDITIONAL SOLUTIONS RATHER :) 

Okay, after applying that command (attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*) to your Flash Drive, an unnamed folder will appear and it contains the files. However, it will disappear again when you plug it to other computer or when you unplug and plug it again. There's no need to scan your flash drive using any antiviruses.
*NOTE*
[PLEASE DON'T TURN OFF YOUR ANTIVIRUS, IT WILL AFFECT OTHER USBs]

Back to the attrib command, when the folder appears, you just have to backup these files to the computer (much better if your computer has an extra drive aside from Local Disk (C:/)). After you backup the files, open My Computer and right click on Removable Disk (whatever drive letter). Click Format and a new window appears. Untick the Quick Format option and click START. This will take a couple of minutes depending on the size of your Flash Drive. After formatting, your Flash Drive is now empty. Open the file location of your backed up files a while ago. Move these files to your newly formatted USB. After copying those files, remove your flash drive safely and plug it again. You'll see that there's no shortcut anymore and your files are back.

HOPE IT HELPS! THANKS ! :)  )
\(*O*)/
m
l
November 20, 2013 6:42:23 AM

I'm so sorry for you but as you said you had a back up storage so here is what you will do
-Download an application called AutoRun Eterminator,
-Install it,
-Then plug in your flash drives,
-Open Command Prompt or simply press window+R to display Run
Type cmd then press Enter,then type the follow,
-Letter of you drive followed by : press enter
example e:o r f: or k: e.t.c
-del *.lnk (for deleting any malicious virus on the drive) press enter
-attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d /l (some times with other computers with different windows /l doesn't work so just end /d) press enter
-it'll take some sec after your drive letter appears type Exit the press enter
I hope this will help ya
THE END
m
l
December 14, 2013 10:58:08 PM

wertert said:
To recover your data (which is converted to shortcuts), just follow these simple steps:
Connect your pen/flash/external drive to your computer.
Go to My Computers and check what drive it is assigned for example F: or G: drive. Lets assume its G: (replace it with correct letter as applicable in your case).
Click on “Start” –>”Run”–> type cmd and hit OK. This will start command prompt.
Enter the following command and hit “Enter”.
attrib -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.*

FAQs

Q: I tried the command but getting this error: attrib-h-r-s cannot be recognized.
A: I bet you missed the spaces attrib -H -R -S /D G:\*.*
Q: If I use the attrib command, will the hard drive get formatted and will all the files and folders be deleted?
A: No, only the files converted to shortcuts will be recovered. Nothing will be deleted.
Q: I had accidently deleted the data on my pen drive. How can I recover that?
A: For that you need data recovery tool. Try these free tools – Recuva, TestDisk, PhotoRec etc.
Q: All files converted to shortcuts and are infected by virus. Should I format my pen drive?
A: If you format the drive, you will loose all the data. Try to recover existing data using the attrib command as written in the post. Also scan the drive with latest antivirus.
Q: My folder name contains spaces for example My ABC. How to run the command?
A: When you run the command, use double quotes around the folder name ie “My ABC”
Hope that Helps :) 
Source:
http://www.technologynext.org/files-on-flashexternalhar...

When I enter the command I get: "file not found - "G:\*.*"
I definitely have it plugged in and I'm sure it's the right name. Help please?

EDIT:
Nevermind. I'm an idiot. I had it down as +.+ instead of *.* Sorry. Anyway, it worked! Thanks.
m
l
January 12, 2014 8:36:56 AM

mrxuh said:

m
l
January 12, 2014 8:38:15 AM

control panel, folder options, view tab, show hidden files folders, ok now go to computer, on the search for fehzvtuqyw.vbs and delete from c drive and mem card should fix it stupid scripts hate it
m
l
February 3, 2014 10:10:59 AM

i formatted my disk but before that i copied all the shortcuts to my PC. can i recover those files again plz help.
m
l
March 13, 2014 2:45:27 AM

hi,
when you get shortcut files in the flash do the steps :
(note dont format your flash before doing this steps )

install total commander

open the software on the menu top choose configuration
option
layout ( mark show button bar & show drive buttons )
Display ( mark show hidden/system files & show long name )

open the flash from totl commander and you will able to see the files and the virus file

copy all files to the hdd ( dont copy the virus )

format the flash.

thats work to me every time

m
l
April 20, 2014 8:35:18 AM

Hi Guys, I have been searching the net and it seems that this problem with shortcuts is becoming more of a nuisance.
I believe to know of an easier solution to the problem. I am aware of a software named Flash Rescue that will recover all documents in any removable mass storage device, remove shortcuts and other dangerous files, and further more prevent the system from being infected. This will all be done automatically.

The link to the site is: http://flashrescue.atwebpages.com
m
l
!