otakubr

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
i have a intel core 2 quad Q8400,
2gb DDR2,
nvidia 250gts with 512mb
motherboard unknown but i know have only one PCI entrance and support 2 ram slots with 200 pins(DDR2 800mhz)

should i buy a new one(everything)
should i wait
should i upgrade this one
thanks and sorry for the lack of information
i cant find my manuals and i'm sort of a noob in this stuff

Solution
If you're going to be saving a lot of money buying the parts in the US, I don't see why not.

Your CPU is fine and should be great with an OC, possibly to 3.5GHz or more. You will need an after market CPU cooler for this. The CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ is highly recommended for its great performance to price ratio.

You would probably want to grab some more ram, get a 4gb (2x2gb) dual channel set if you currently have 2x1gb sticks or another 2gb stick if you currently have 1 2gb stick. Make sure it's the same speed DDR2 ram.

I would say grab another nvidia 250 GTS GPU for SLI but your mobo only supports 1 PCI-E card. This can be another option but you'd need to buy a new motherboard that supports two PCI-E cards at x8/x8.

Other than...

otakubr

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
well i can play the games i want and do things i want too
the point is i live in brazil and i'm going to US
and here everything costs double the price in the US
also i have like U$1500
but the taxes are of 50% over U$500

kureme

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
If you're going to be saving a lot of money buying the parts in the US, I don't see why not.

Your CPU is fine and should be great with an OC, possibly to 3.5GHz or more. You will need an after market CPU cooler for this. The CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ is highly recommended for its great performance to price ratio.

You would probably want to grab some more ram, get a 4gb (2x2gb) dual channel set if you currently have 2x1gb sticks or another 2gb stick if you currently have 1 2gb stick. Make sure it's the same speed DDR2 ram.

I would say grab another nvidia 250 GTS GPU for SLI but your mobo only supports 1 PCI-E card. This can be another option but you'd need to buy a new motherboard that supports two PCI-E cards at x8/x8.

Other than that you should be fine. That PC on its own should last you another two years. Maybe get more ram eventually but should be great.

Solution