Redirects

Hi folks, I have tried setting up a redirect but it seems that it doesn't
work.

I have looked to see if I added the correct HTTP link to it but is there a
better redirect service out there and if so what is the link. oh and this
for UT2k4

Here is what I have in my ini file
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Thank You
3 answers Last reply
More about redirects
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Halftrack wrote:
    > Hi folks, I have tried setting up a redirect but it seems that it doesn't
    > work.
    >
    > I have looked to see if I added the correct HTTP link to it but is there a
    > better redirect service out there and if so what is the link. oh and this
    > for UT2k4
    >
    > Here is what I have in my ini file
    > [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    > RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
    > ProxyServerHost=
    > ProxyServerPort=3128
    > UseCompression=True
    >
    > Thank You

    That's the best one I know of these days. What kind of error message
    do you get when trying to get a redirect file? Positive the file you
    tested exists on the redirect server?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Did you also set;

    [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
    AllowDownloads=True
    MaxDownloadSize=0 *
    DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload

    * This value is in bits ( i think ). Say you want all filles to come from
    the redirect leave it at 0. But if you have small files that can be pushed
    from your server it can be set to say 250000. Every file over 250Kbits will
    download from the redirect. The other thing is check the redirect to ensure
    it has the file you're trying to redirect.

    "Halftrack" <combat@combat.net> wrote in message
    > Hi folks, I have tried setting up a redirect but it seems that it doesn't
    > work.
    >
    > I have looked to see if I added the correct HTTP link to it but is there a
    > better redirect service out there and if so what is the link. oh and this
    > for UT2k4
    >
    > Here is what I have in my ini file
    > [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    > RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
    > ProxyServerHost=
    > ProxyServerPort=3128
    > UseCompression=True
    >
    > Thank You

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    I checked http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/ for the files I had to be
    redirected and out of 95 files only 12 of them were listed on that site.

    So to solve it I created my own redirect off one of my web servers and it
    works like a charm now. Took me over a hour to upload all the files after
    compressing them but it was alot faster than uploading them all to
    http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/

    Thanks for the help guys and the tip from the one guy helped alot, I did set
    my setting to 25000- Thank you

    quote "But if you have small files that can be pushed
    from your server it can be set to say 250000. Every file over 250Kbits will
    download from the redirect"

    "Halftrack" <combat@combat.net> wrote in message
    > Hi folks, I have tried setting up a redirect but it seems that it doesn't
    > work.
    >
    > I have looked to see if I added the correct HTTP link to it but is there a
    > better redirect service out there and if so what is the link. oh and this
    > for UT2k4
    >
    > Here is what I have in my ini file
    > [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
    > RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/