Redirects

Hi folks, I have tried setting up a redirect but it seems that it doesn't
work.

I have looked to see if I added the correct HTTP link to it but is there a
better redirect service out there and if so what is the link. oh and this
for UT2k4

Here is what I have in my ini file
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

Thank You

Halftrack wrote:
> Hi folks, I have tried setting up a redirect but it seems that it doesn't
> work.
>
> I have looked to see if I added the correct HTTP link to it but is there a
> better redirect service out there and if so what is the link. oh and this
> for UT2k4
>
> Here is what I have in my ini file
> [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
> RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
> ProxyServerHost=
> ProxyServerPort=3128
> UseCompression=True
>
> Thank You

That's the best one I know of these days. What kind of error message
do you get when trying to get a redirect file? Positive the file you
tested exists on the redirect server?

Did you also set;

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
MaxDownloadSize=0 *
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload

* This value is in bits ( i think ). Say you want all filles to come from
the redirect leave it at 0. But if you have small files that can be pushed
from your server it can be set to say 250000. Every file over 250Kbits will
download from the redirect. The other thing is check the redirect to ensure
it has the file you're trying to redirect.

"Halftrack" <combat@combat.net> wrote in message
> Hi folks, I have tried setting up a redirect but it seems that it doesn't
> work.
>
> I have looked to see if I added the correct HTTP link to it but is there a
> better redirect service out there and if so what is the link. oh and this
> for UT2k4
>
> Here is what I have in my ini file
> [IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
> RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
> ProxyServerHost=
> ProxyServerPort=3128
> UseCompression=True
>
> Thank You

I checked http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/ for the files I had to be
redirected and out of 95 files only 12 of them were listed on that site.

So to solve it I created my own redirect off one of my web servers and it
works like a charm now. Took me over a hour to upload all the files after
compressing them but it was alot faster than uploading them all to
http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/

Thanks for the help guys and the tip from the one guy helped alot, I did set
my setting to 25000- Thank you

quote "But if you have small files that can be pushed