Not sure I like my new mouse. Razer

Tags:
  • Mice
  • Razer
  • New Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 9, 2011 10:50:57 AM

Well with my new build I thought I would try a new mouse. I purchased a Razer Lachesis 5600. It is a great mouse but it is taking a lot to get used to it. I am comming from a logitech g500 that I loved but do not have anymore. What say you. Should I give it more time or go buy a different mouse? This one just feels really different from what I have used in the past.

More about : mouse razer

February 9, 2011 5:09:20 PM

How do you hold your mouse? Do you push it around with your fingers or your palm? What are you using it for most? Razer mice tend to be geared more towards those who push the mice with their fingers and play MMOs and RPGs and the like.

If you play mostly FPSs then you might want to look into a Logitech G-series or a R.A.T., I use the R.A.T. 7 and I'm overly satisfied with it. Their profile software is straightforward, the mouse has three control modes built in (great for FPSs with foot/vehicle/plane controls), and four customizable dpi levels. I especially like the precision aim button, which slows down the DPI to a customizable percentage of the usual DPI, allowing for amazing (and quick) scope control for headshots. It's also the most universally comfortable mouse because it's length/width can be adjusted, along with the positioning of the side buttons. It also has a max of 30g of weights which can be added 6g at a time.
m
l
February 9, 2011 8:44:26 PM

Kida of both how I hold the mouse. I guess with the g500 My whole hand was on it but I kinda poushed it with my fingers. Thisone my whole hand has to stay on it to reach the side buttons.
m
l

Best solution

February 10, 2011 12:57:58 AM

I have been around way before the days of mice.
I have used literally over a 100 mice in my 30 years of computers
When it comes to mice you can read reviews and get advice but
when it comes down to it the best thing to do is go to a store and actually
get your hands on the ones your thinking about.
Online ordering of mice is one thing I avoid.
Of course if you can try it in a store and then order cheap online that
is the best :) 
I actually have two different Logitech mice connected.
The wireless laser is a claw grip and I use for general work.
The wired MX310 optical I use for gaming since that is a good palm
style mouse.
Also with wired there is no chance of lag.
Every student must find their own path...
February 10, 2011 1:22:16 AM

king smp said:
I have been around way before the days of mice.
I have used literally over a 100 mice in my 30 years of computers
When it comes to mice you can read reviews and get advice but
when it comes down to it the best thing to do is go to a store and actually
get your hands on the ones your thinking about.
Online ordering of mice is one thing I avoid.
Of course if you can try it in a store and then order cheap online that
is the best :) 
I actually have two different Logitech mice connected.
The wireless laser is a claw grip and I use for general work.
The wired MX310 optical I use for gaming since that is a good palm
style mouse.
Also with wired there is no chance of lag.
Every student must find their own path...

I have been around quite a while also. For the past 20 years or so I have been using trackballs. Got into mice probably 4 years ago and had many gaming mice. I agree it is feeling what works for you but jsut wanted to know if people think I should give it more time or switch now. I am sure I can adapt to usig this mouse and doing so well.
m
l
February 10, 2011 1:31:13 AM

That is Razer is top of the line.
Many people recommend it.
I would give it more time personally.
It is just a very subjective question you are asking.
Some questions can only be answered by yourself.
m
l
February 10, 2011 8:13:55 PM

I have advice for you. When I jumped the logitech ship I, too, was not sure if I liked my Lachesis. I did some research and it turns out that the Destructor mousepad is almost necessary to be able to accurately and precisely control the mouse.

I have been using the mouse for a year now, and I can't tell you how much the mousepad made a difference. I'm not sure if you actually need the branded Destructor pad, but one similar to it should work fine.

Good luck!
m
l
February 10, 2011 9:27:29 PM

chef7734 said:
Well with my new build I thought I would try a new mouse. I purchased a Razer Lachesis 5600. It is a great mouse but it is taking a lot to get used to it. I am comming from a logitech g500 that I loved but do not have anymore. What say you. Should I give it more time or go buy a different mouse? This one just feels really different from what I have used in the past.

I am in the same boat with a different mouse (Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000). I upgraded from a cheapo wireless mouse I bought off of buy.com to this one and I hate it. Like you I thought it was just a matter of getting used to it, but I was wrong. I have been using it everyday for a month and I hate it even more then when I first took it out of the box. I have let three of my friends try it out to see if it was just me, and they all hated it too. So my advice to you is, if you don't like it now, you won't like it later. Don't waste a month like I did, return it now and get one you like.
m
l
February 10, 2011 9:54:58 PM

I have two MX1100s and a M705 from Logitech; both are great. They don't drop connection and are very precise (1000dpi laser for both) though the dongle is relatively close to the mouse.
m
l
February 11, 2011 4:05:58 AM

kastraelie said:
I have advice for you. When I jumped the logitech ship I, too, was not sure if I liked my Lachesis. I did some research and it turns out that the Destructor mousepad is almost necessary to be able to accurately and precisely control the mouse.

I have been using the mouse for a year now, and I can't tell you how much the mousepad made a difference. I'm not sure if you actually need the branded Destructor pad, but one similar to it should work fine.

Good luck!

Its not the performance I was unsure of. I have an amazing pad. Used a destructor in the past and now I use a xigmatek.
It has the slick surface the destructor had but cant warp like the destructor.
m
l
February 18, 2011 9:19:51 AM

Best answer selected by chef7734.
m
l
!