Asus P7P55 LX no bios post or video signal with certain video cards..

ryanm

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Hello,
I have an Asus P7P55 LX motherboard that only seems to want to boot up with certain video cards. I first used a XFX Radeon HD 6950 2GB and now a Nvidia GeForce 560 TI and the system will not do the boot up or bios beeps when installed. But I have an older Radeon ATI that is much more basic and does not require extra power cables like the first two and it boots up fine. I am working on it right now using it to submit this issue. Also confirmed the power supply is a Coolmax 750W and the cards both require 500W. Also replaced the motherboard with a brand new one of the same model and have same issues.

Any ideas why the motherboard is being selective?

Thanks

ryanm

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011

Was exactly that.. I got off the phone with Asus and they had me do some web tool that added up all the hardware that was in the case and it came up to 550W and the power supply is a 750. So I swapped in the last one we had and it works perfectly... Kind of frustrating after a week of thinking it was just a bad video card but once we finally got a new one and it still had issues it was very irritating.

Was late last night sorry I didn't post the result. Thanks rolli59.

TRENDING THREADS