Audigy 2 ZS line-in unavaliable

J_4mes

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I recently bought a new computer, everything new except the powersupply and case. Since the swap over I am having trouble with my sound card as the 'Line-in' option has disappeared so I can no longer use amplitube (my guitar program) to stream guitar through it for effects and sounds.

For some reason I no longer have the 'line-in' option to be un/selected. I have looked in the 'advanced' tab to see if it was left invisible by having it unticked but no such luck, it was not in there either. I am up to date with soundcard drivers. The new motherboard I have has on board sound, which I tried disabling to see if it would appear but again no such luck.

Has anyone else had any experience with this option not appearing, or am I missing something?

well you can go to control panel > sound > recording devices > right click anywhere in the device section and select show disabled and show disconnected devices
that is in Windows 7
similar in other Win OSs

Yeah! i built a newer pc using the 1156 platform and Win7 and installed my Audigy2-ZS.
And could never get the full functions of the software suite to work like they did in XP.
Most didn't even appear.The only thing that's Win7 supported is the audio driver and the mediaplayer(which i never used)
I solved it though by buying a new Auzentech which has full Win7 support.
The 2-ZS (2004)was a great card but it's outdated now.

^+1
Experience always over rules theory

J_4mes

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I must admit to my own failure..I had missed a whole row of pins on the front sound board and bent one....thats a lesson for people with similar problems!

J_4mes

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
The reason they got bent in the first place is because it was located under my cd rom drive and I got lazy and decided I would do it the ad hoc way and not pull out the rom drive.

They are thick pins so all I had to do was properly uninstall it and bend the pins back to a relatively good form and re-install it.

awesome
I am glad it worked out
We have all been there
I was changing out socket 604 Xeons and bent two pins on the cpu
I did my best not to freak out and bent them back
When the cpu worked I couldnt stop smiling :)

J_4mes

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I saw a good tip on youtube, that if all else fails and you cannot reattach a broken cpu pin (if it has gotten to that stage) then try putting the pin in the relevant motherboard cpu socket hole and hope it works.

Saw this on 'linus tech tips' and it worked just as it normally would, but didn't work without the pin so it was a vital one. The success rate of this, I wouldn't know but when a broken connector is involved its worth a try!

contentibus

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
Hi J_4mes.

Thanks for your help with this (and anyone elso also). I just have a question.

I seem to be having the same issue as you did. I have a new PC (win 7 64 bit) but have had to install my old Audigy 2ZS soundcard - can't afford a new souncard at the moment. I am using the 'new' creative drivers but have lost a lot of functionality because of the Win7 switch (did you know Creative are even CHARGING for the old Audio converter now that was included with XP drivers ....Grrrr)

Anyway. When I go to the Audio Device manager in Control Panel a lot of the options for the front panel (eg line in / mic 2 etc) are showing as unavailable at this time! I am using cubase to record audio but an unable to seperate out the click track in the rocording (like I normally could) as it seems to only record "what yuou hear" ???? I was wondering if your bent pin issue solved this and restored the functionality of the front panel (even with the ruibbish creative win 7 drivers)???

I think one of my pins may be bent as thisis the 3rd PC this card has been in (lol) and I'm sure not all the pins are straight.

In essence.

did the bent pin fix make the breakout box fully owrk with all inputs in Win 7

or should I buy an new souncard :(

Thanks for any advice you may offer.

Paul :)