Mushkin chronos deluxe vs samsung 840 pro vs ocz vector

Jestb

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I just needed some help regarding the above ssds, I was wondering if you could help me choose the better option. (Please, no flaming)

I normally recommend Samsung. Samsung has a lot of experience with solid state drives and an excellent track record. Intel and Crucial are also worth considering. The Plextor M5 Pro may also be worth looking at.

I would not recommened the Mushkin Chronos Deluxe. It is an older drive equipped with a SandForce controller. SanForce has not introduced a new controller in over 2 years. Those older controllers were designed to work well with compressible data. They did not do as well with incompressible data such as photos and videos.

I maintain the ssd database listed in the sticky at the very top of this forum section. Here is the link:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html

The database identifies the controller and memory used in each model.

Scroll down to the brands and models you are interested in and follow the links to the technical reviews.

mad-max79

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
I would recommend the Samsung 840 Pro it is fast and reliable. The Mushkin us using the old Sandforce like JohnnyLucky already told and OCZ had quality problems and has now financial problems, so you can't be sure if you can use your warranty if needed.