Can't get new HDTV setup as 3rd display w/ 5830

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Hello, I am running 2 22' monitors with extended desktop and I just got a 42 inch vizio that's only 720p but still worth using and I am completely unable to use all 3 at the same time, I am only able to disable the secondary display and setup the hdtv to the secondary, I thought with eyefinity you could use 3 displays, I have a radeon 5830 that has 2 dvi inputs and 1 hdmi and 1 other thing I don't know what it is but if someone knows let me know, why would it be for audio if hdmi can do that?

Anyway I am running 10.9 drivers and don't see anything in CCC that allows me to add a third display. If anyone can help me please let me know.

Thanks

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Why am I not able to hook up 3 monitors? I have 2 monitors that are dvi and 1 tv that is hdmi all 3 plugged into my video card why would I need anything else? I am able to get them all to work just not all 3 at the same time.

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
So then what the hell is eyefinity? If this is true and I have to waste extra money getting three monitors to work I am throwing my video card out my window and going nvidia. Are you sure you know what you are talking about? I have seen a lot of people with 3 monitors not ever mentioning needing anything else other then a radeon 5xxx card.

vexun11

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Okay, I am getting ready to order a display port but I need a display port that goes directly to hdmi because my hdtv has hdmi only and I don't have a converter

What do I need to get

From my previous post in this thread....

This device should do the trick which is an Active DisplayPort Adaptor to the DVI port, however it has not been released yet:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B [...] XQMWYFNR7E

The adapter is now available for purchase.... $30 + free shipping