BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Yes, the news out of Taiwan s that AMD is accelerating the launch of the Llano APU. It is now reportedly moving t=from early Q3 to "May at the earliest." Also, it's said that both llano and Ivy Bridge will be on display at Computex 2011

This means that one: perhaps it wasn't so bad in yield as people made out and two: there may be systems a Newegg in June.

Because Llano is he first 32nm chip in production they can actually allocate more wafer space earl on to get enough volume in the channel. FudZ is reporting that Zacate may be experiencing over-demand and we can say that Llano will be a real mainstream solution.

I would guess that by this time nest year only left over SKUus will have Champlain with HD4200. Everthign else will be APU-based. AMD should get really aggressive EOL'ing non-APU mobile chips.
Digitimes

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Llano, fusion etc. all seem to be meant for mobile environments. What about old school powerful desktops ? Are they gonna have any answer to Sandy Bridge i5/i7 ? Is there going to be something like a Phenom III ?

Llano 'A-Series' APUs are mainstream desktop with 'Stars' 4-, 3- and 2-core SKUs, with on-die Radeon 56xx-series graphics.

Bulldozer Zambezi is 8-, 6- and 4-core for enthusiast desktop with rumors of an 'FX' flagship.

bulldozer.jpg

IIRC this is from Anand.

'Modules' from Bulldozer Zambezi move to the Llano APUs in 2012 to replace the Stars cores.