Sign in with
Your question

Please check this build for compatibility

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
November 15, 2010 8:19:50 PM

I’m looking for a very fast PC to work with typical easy programs like Photoshop and Dreamweaver, Keeping lot’s of programs open at same time, and hundreds of browsers tabs. I think the best way to make my PC works as fast as it’s possible with such operations, it’s middle level CPU and raid-0 SSD.
But as well I would like to join all high ends games on high definition screen 1900x1200 and high graphic settings. I’m not playing games every day, because of my work, life, and I need time to get a rest. But I spend for about 2-4 days a week on playing games 3-4 hours at night, and I want to relax and enjoy them.
But sure, most important, part in computer – it must be my work. So I’m looking for a very fast response (no delay) computer, and as stability as it’s possible. Stability 0it’s same important part, which I would like to keep, so I’m not going to OC my computer, and as well, I would like you to check this configuration on compatibility.

I’m thinking about:
MB - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 (RTL) LGA1366 <X58> 3xPCI-E+2xGbLAN+1394 SATA RAID ATX 6DDR-III

Then:
CPU - CPU Intel Core i7-960 3.2 ГГц/1+8Мб/4.8ГТ/сLGA1366
RAM – 3x. Original SAMSUNG DDR-III DIMM 4Gb <PC3-10600>
VIDEO – 2x. 1Gb <PCI-E> DDR-5 ASUS EAH5870 /2DIS/1GD5/V2 (RTL) DVI+HDMI+DP<ATI HD5870>

Next going:
SSD (raid-0) – 2x. SSD 128 Gb SATA-II 300 Samsung <MZ5PA128HMCD-01000> 2.5" (Operation system, main programs and files)
HDD (raid-1) – 2x. HDD 1 Tb SATA-II 300 Samsung SpinPoint F3 <HD103SJ> 7200rpm 32Mb (all important data, backups, media)

And:
Case – I’m thinking about silent one, because I’m working with my PC almost all day, and if it will be too load I will become crazy, so what about: SilverStone Fortress FT01B
Power - Think ~850W
Drive - cheapest CD-DVD RW – and same color as case
CardReader - cheapest – and same color as case
keyboard + Mouse – any wireless
CPU Cooler – need your advice about silent cooler for case pressure system.

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

But… I think it’s the best way, if I will replace my CPU with CPU Intel Core i7-970 3.2 ГГц/12Мб/4.8ГТ/сLGA1366, because it’s more important for my applications, and then anyway, anytime I will be able to buy second video card and maybe later, more RAM (if need).
And if I will use i7-970, what you think, maybe it’s better to get P6X58D Premium? Because I heard, that before installing OS, I need to update my BIOS first, to get 6 core support, and maybe P6X58D Premium got better 6core support, but I don’t like slots to use 2 video cards on this MB.
As well, I heard that if I’m planning to install OS on raid-0 SSD, I need to install some kind of drivers, is that true?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
P.S. – Most important part – compatibility and stability of all system.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anonymous
November 15, 2010 8:35:03 PM

Forgot to add...
As well i like this Thermaltake Armor 60 case:
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1325&ID=19...
What you think about it? And if i will compare this case with SilverStone Fortress FT01B , how loud it will be?

And i think it's only way to sue Armor 60, if i will take MB with 3.0 USD Support.
November 15, 2010 10:18:23 PM

Where are you buying from? Are you in the US? Raid-0 doesn't make your computer faster, just moving files and working with files, data. Speed depends on the processor and ram. For what you described I would recommended a 6core AMD processor instead of the i7 you have picked out.
If you could fill out the guide in this forum it would help us alot.
!