Need help with my MSI Bigbang B3 Marshall

mechanicsage

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Hey guys just recieved my GPU today and had it all installed and ready to go and as i start the pc it starts perfectly but then just turns off after 20 secs and reboots the same way then again after 20 secs or so it just turns off and it does this forever until i pull the power cable out. basicly i have no idea whats going on. I've checked several things such as not using the gpu and only using the cpu and 1 stick of ram and ive taken all accessories off the board ie fans and what not and it still does it ive checked its not touching the case or any other metal parts that could cause a short circuit. please can anyone help.

System specs are as follows:

Mobo: MSI marshall BigBang B3
CPU: 2600k Intel I7
RAM: G.Skill 1600 mhz 16gb 4x4gb sticks
SSD: 128gb Intel
Power Supply: Huntkey Modular 900 Watt
GPU: MSI 6950 Twin Frozr Core III

any help at all is really appreciated guys i dont want to have to get a replacement because i cant find it anywhere else "stores and online shops" and a replacement would take something close to 3 weeks from america -_____- any help guys is really appreciated.

P.S yes I've checked the site and their support.... it really wasn't helpful.

Thanks for the help in advance guys =D

suteck

Distinguished
Sounds like the power supply. Do you have a temp replacement to try? You might try unplugging it from the wall then removing the cmos battery for a few secs. put it back together without the card again and try it. If it works put the card back in and try again. I'm not saying you don't have enough power, 900w should power lots of different things. But it might have gone bad with the extra power draw of the 6950.